• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone doing Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (1 Viewer)

beaubrah

HSC
I'm in year 11 and I love science and IT, and if your doing it, how is it

HSC 2015- Goal:90+ ATAR

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'm not studying that course so won't comment on it but what I will say is that despite the name the BScIT course is not a science degree - different faculty and don't expect to be doing science subjects.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you into the business or technical (programming) side of IT? You could do a commerce/science degree and major in IT/IS, or you could do a engineering/science degree.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The BScIT degree does offer technical and more BA/business oriented majors too. (The Business/BScIT course "Busy Biscuit" is very common) Many BIT (co-op version of BScIT) students are business oriented.

The options with science (at UTS) would be Mathematics and Computing if your desired science major would be maths or doing ICT Engineering/Science - but ICT Engineering and BScIT don't have a whole lot in common.

Last edited:

beaubrah

HSC
The BScIT degree does offer technical and more BA/business oriented majors too. (The Business/BScIT course "Busy Biscuit" is very common) Many BIT (co-op version of BScIT) students are business oriented.

The options with science (at UTS) would be Mathematics and Computing if your desired science major would be maths or doing ICT Engineering/Science - but ICT Engineering and BScIT don't have a whole lot in common.
Ok, so what course can I do that has science and IT in it

HSC 2015- Goal:90+ ATAR

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I wouldn't recommend thinking of uni like school electives.

Some of the options have been listed above. The other one and probably the best is doing a science degree with a double major or just dedicating all your electives to comp sci subjects (or other field of science if comp sci is your actual)

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
my friend is doing BScIT/DipBusiness (or something like this) at UTS and he loves it but he complains about having a lot of assignments (don't let this deter you, uni is meant to be hard work!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)