anyone doing biochemistry of movement in 2007? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey,
Was just wondering if anyone is actually doing biochem this year? I would really like to be able to talk to someone thats doing biochem.

Kawasaki

HSC
we are but we haven't started were running a bit slow i'll start in a week or so :mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1::mad1: i heard it is real hard!!!!!!!:burn::burn::burn::burn:

HSC
Don't worry, we have only done production and materials and we are half way through acids and bases. We are lots behind. I started it early,I'm the only one in my class doing it. Do you do pe or bio? I do and I think it's pretty easy. When are you starting it?

Gabble9889

HSC
im hoping to do it by myself! looks really simple once u know the back ground info from pdhpe and bio

HSC
Gabble9889 said:
im hoping to do it by myself! looks really simple once u know the back ground info from pdhpe and bio
Yeah, I'm the only one if my class doing it and my teacher has forgotten ALL of his info on it. No one at my school has ever done it I think. I do pe and bio so yeah, im already up to the 6th major outcome. We are heaps behing so I've started it already.

all4gsus

HSC
Well, me and a friend are doing it this year... but we dont have a teacher helping us, we're doign it by ourselves... it looks really interesting though! I dont do bio, but i do PDHPE and Food Tech, so its' all sorta linked in, pretty good... I'm really looking forward to starting it... we probably wont start it till like, week 8 or even next term! :(

HSC
all4gsus said:
Well, me and a friend are doing it this year... but we dont have a teacher helping us, we're doign it by ourselves... it looks really interesting though! I dont do bio, but i do PDHPE and Food Tech, so its' all sorta linked in, pretty good... I'm really looking forward to starting it... we probably wont start it till like, week 8 or even next term! :(
YAY! People without a teacher! I actually have a teacher for chemistry, but he's forgotten all of his info on it, but I'm the only one in my class of 7doing it. What I've done of it is fun. My suggestion is, start doing the option now on the side, it's so big that you'll need extra time to do it. And there's only one prac in the entire topic which is kind of good too. Where's your class up to? We are up to esters, making them wednesday.

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Why is it that so few people do the biochem option anyway? Are you able to choose the option you do? I don't think we are

HSC
googled said:
Why is it that so few people do the biochem option anyway? Are you able to choose the option you do? I don't think we are
I don't exactly know why so few people do it, I think it may have something to do with how long it is, or people may think is hard or something, my teacher reckons it's a waste of an option. We kind of got to choose, but I basically told my teacher I was going to do this option regardless.

googled

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
~fallen angel~ said:
I don't exactly know why so few people do it, I think it may have something to do with how long it is, or people may think is hard or something, my teacher reckons it's a waste of an option. We kind of got to choose, but I basically told my teacher I was going to do this option regardless.
I think it's more interesting than some of the other options, however it is harder. Have you finished the core yet?

Although, on second thought, it's not *that* hard, just longer.

HSC
googled said:
I think it's more interesting than some of the other options, however it is harder. Have you finished the core yet?

Although, on second thought, it's not *that* hard, just longer.
Yeah, I think it sounds and is pretty interesting. We have done production of materials and I think we're about to finish acids and bases this week. We are lots beind. Big muck-up with teachers. Yeah, it's is really long. Becuase we're so behind I'm doing it out of class and my pe and bio teachers are helping me if I need it. I think I'm at a kind of hard part now, about the oxidation of fats and something, the outcomes are getting longer and longer. But, between the text book and HSC online I'm all good with it and I'm enjoying. Have you done your HSC or are you doing it this year or what?

all4gsus

HSC
Yeah, it looks kinda long, but definately the most interesting, and relevant. Yeah, i'm thinking of asking some bio and pe teachers to help me out, cuase i dont think i'll be able to do it all by myself. But i shall start it soon, thanks for the advice.

In class we just started Industrial Chem, and apparently we're going to be finished in 4 weeks or something... which is insane, but i guess pretty good. I reckon when we write up notes we shoudl all share them, cuase there seems to be a lack of people doing Biochem this year... :)

HSC
all4gsus said:
Yeah, it looks kinda long, but definately the most interesting, and relevant. Yeah, i'm thinking of asking some bio and pe teachers to help me out, cuase i dont think i'll be able to do it all by myself. But i shall start it soon, thanks for the advice.

In class we just started Industrial Chem, and apparently we're going to be finished in 4 weeks or something... which is insane, but i guess pretty good. I reckon when we write up notes we shoudl all share them, cuase there seems to be a lack of people doing Biochem this year... :)
Yeah I know what you mean about the lack of people. But, I'm sure the markers will have fun when they get to our options,it's something different. Despite biochem's length, it's pretty straight forward. ATP and Fats, and other simple stuff like that. Yeah I think sharing notes is a good idea. Do you have msn or an email address, i find it easier to use than this, too much logging in to get to bored of studies. my email address is physco_freckle_gal@hotmail.com

Gabble9889

HSC
im lucky my chem teacher is kinda a bad teacher so i dnt have to suffer through the other topic plus my biology teacher is gonna help me out... she did biochemistry at uni for 6 yrs so thats lucky!

cant wait to start it! cos there is like no one doing bio chem and hardly ne resource we should help each other as much as we can! biochemers got to stay together!

all4gsus

HSC
ok, well, when i finally get started on it, i'll send around my notes or whatever... my email address is all4gsus@gmail.com... but yeah, i reckon def. stick together and help each other out... it'll be heaps easier that way. :)

Gabble9889

HSC
GREAT WORK KIDDOS

has neone looked at other resources of noe of ne other textbooks that cover that topic?

wat schools are ya s all from.. wanna get a rough idea on how far we are from each other lol

HSC
I have been using the chemistry contexts cd, hsc online, and any other places that have info I need, like wikipedia, books etc. What text book have you been using and other resources?
I'm from KCC. Where are you from?
Oh! Got an assignment for biochem today!! It's good cause the teacher has just given us quesion straight from outcomes and I've already done all but one of the questions!

Gabble9889

HSC
wheres KKC? im from leumeah high

i dnt have to do a assesment for biochem untill the tiral HSC because our next assesment is a prac assesment in like a week! GOD help me!

the excel book for chem has bio chem... basic but it has the subject! i was hoping to get the distant ed books but its looking unlikely! i hope i can start the subject soon! bio chem sounds so much better than foresnic chemistry like other other kid is doing at my school! i had to fight to do bio chem! i won! lol

all4gsus

HSC
i'm from mlc.... at burwood.

and i'm using the excel book too... our text book doesn't have it... but i'm gonna ask the pe teachers at school as well as bio and food tech teachers... casue they'd probably knokw a bit about it...

yeah, i dont think i have to do an assesment for biochem either... and there's only two people in our school who are doing biochem... and we're the first two to ever do it in the school! so they have to get it put in the trials especially for us!!

well, when we all start it and start getting notes together, i think we shoudl all share them.... but it does look really interesting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)