Anyone doing Changing Self? (1 Viewer)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
haha malayz, you and i seem to do all the same subjects... heres a few texts that we've talked about in our class for changing self: American Beauty, The Matrix, Streetcar Named Desire, songs by Tracy Chapman (Fast Car) and Bob Dylan (Times They Are A Changin'), Y Tu Mama Tambien, Harry Potter etc...

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I was told to find 2 related texts:
one big and one small.......for eg. a photo and a novel or a cartoon and a movie.........some pple i know are doing a cartoon and a short story........however her short story is really short, so i suggest find smthng that suggests to the marker that u did a lot of hard work........i suggest a novel and a visual will be good. Michael L. is good, but a lot of pple are doing it.

sdpy

I'm also doing Changing Self and thanks for the suggestions! (snakeoils)
Hmm. i quite like Fast Car.

mazz

hey look! ????
god dam it you are lucky!!!! U need to find 2 related while i have to find at elast 6...w e have to do a chnage journal that why... thats our chang assessmnt ohh as well as a feature article which we did last term... but ts ok cause we have like 1 1/2 terms to do our journal cause they want us to find a variety of texts so poems, songs, movies, cartoons its actually a pain in the arse and then we gotta analyse them in 100 words or less!!!!!! ARGHH how hard is that like seriouly i need like a page for each!!!!!!!! ARGHH i hate changing self

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Woah...6?.....my other friend found 5, though only 2 is needed. I guess u'll get lots of good practice then....but what i dun get is: if u dun need that many in the real thing why need it now?.....that's same with me in choosing which gwen harwood poem to do....we only need at least 2 GH poems (i saw a girl in band5/6 with only 1!!!) but Miss still wants us to study the whole thing even though we dun need it in the exam......And u hate changing self? Actually i think it's alright, cos u can choose the poem u want while others gotta do the whole novel etc......and changing self has changing perspective in it......~goodluck~

mazz

hey look! ????
I see where your coming from but also where the teachers are coming from. The more you learn and the more supp material you have the better it will be in the end. Cause if u have more then 2 "down packed" as my teacher say then you will have a choice depending on what the question is asking you if u know what i mean.... Ohh and how much does our stimulus booklet suck? The only two that our class is learnin properly are the door and sky high the rest are a piece of shit especially that one abotu the guy tying himself to a tree or something hmmmm there i snot way that i could write about that

Littlelease

We recently had an assessment and three people chose "thelma and Louise" as their own chosen text. BLergh

Jawsh

I think alot of people in your class chose to do thelma and louise because of the suggestion in the back of the gwen harwood excel book.. i was going to do that for a changing self assessment, but the teacher thought it might be a little generic..

Jawsh

btw.. our teacher is a bit of a non-conformist.. try Deeper Water by Paul Kelly.. really simplistic not to difficult and it isnt very popular. Just a thought.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
i wish i was doing Changing Perspectives.. it seems to much more interesting :mad1:

lizzy1004

HSC
half yrlys...

for da half yrlys wut kind of questions were u asked to answer for da area of study?l'm realliz worried i mite get something outta da blue...

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Im doing Changing Self :(

I wanted to Star Wars but we are doing My Place

In our class we went over a couple of texts

I will survive- Gloria Gaynor
Fast Car- Tracy Chapman
Big Yellow Taxi- New one or the old one
Rabbit Proof Fence- (Good for us -> My Place)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
another 'My Place' victim eh...

yeah we did Joni and Rabbit Proof Fence in class... Gloria at an ETA convention (kinda) and i did Fast CAr of my own choice... they are all pretty decent texts...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i'm doing changing self. there's heaps of text which u can use... what i found is that almost everything can relate to chagning self... depends on how u srutinise and interept the text... but yeah do the films as mentioned above by snakeoils. they're great. i'm using them too!

Marianna

but don't force the link to changing self the best texts are always the ones that scream changing self

and they will be the easiest ones to write about and explain

girlee281

Whoever said changing perspective is more interesting... no. no it is not. It is so hard to find related material and I have an assessment where I have to find 7 related material, and then for the next one, 10! I'm so buggered.

And Peter S's poetry is that hardest thing to do.

Marianna

you are looking too hard if you can't find any

it really isn't a complicated thing

think about things like when something has happened to a person ie near death experience or something like that, that has led them to change their perspective on their life

or going over seas for a year to live changes a person's perspective on life

being take out of you comfort zone in anyway also does this, like someone doing community service say in a rehab centre could change their perspective on addicts of any descriptions

newspaper and magazine articles would be the easiest

do you have to have a range of media?? websites you could find too
song lyrics are so easy with modern day songs look at greenday, silverchair, alternative music is usually the best way cause often there is a message or many old songs but don't choose something that everyone is doing. if you use original media in the hsc exam it will benefit you especially if it really does relate.

but like i said before don't push it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)