anyone doing cloudstreet? (1 Viewer)

mkomko

im currently doing cloudstreet for the critical analysis module. it's an interesting book to read but difficult to deconstruct. anyone else doing it?

del

HSC
N/A
i did it last year... damn long book.... the play was cool to watch, but doing the novel for the hsc certainly wasn't....
different 'readings' i still don't understand

HSC
N/A
Does anyone have any notes on different readings that they can share??
I'm finding it really difficult to do the readings!!

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I'm not doing cloudstreet but I did read it. It was pretty good.

If you mention how the author never uses speach marks and explain the reason you're well on your way.

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by bookboy18
I'm not doing cloudstreet but I did read it. It was pretty good.

If you mention how the author never uses speach marks and explain the reason you're well on your way.

.....um...if that's all you mention...then you're well on your way to getting low marks...if that's what you mean :D

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
Its just an example of form you might put in.

I'm not studying it so I woudn't know what else to put in.

When I read a book I'm not studing I only look at the story not much else.

You could go on about representations of olden day Australia and the themes that come through.

sdpy

Cloudstreet

I read that book too, like bookboy18 - just as a book, a story, not something that I had to study/deconstruct
and thank god! I really have a lot of respect for you - it must be a hard text to "critically analyse"...

del

HSC
N/A
the best two readings to do, or rather the ones which somewhat made sense to me were the post colonial reading and a religious/spiritual reading....

make sure you cover post colonial from both a aboriginal and european/white viewpoint

lol... ahh the more ypu read and think, cloudstreet is awfully religious.... apparently that's just winton though

~*MIZREX*~

I am doing cloudstreet but havent started it yet.. have read some of the book, u should get excel book on cloudstreet, i found it helped me to grasp the concepts a bit more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)