Anyone doing/done Religion and Non-Religion for their ISP??? (1 Viewer)

cheeky_panda

HSC
Is or has anyone already completed their ISP on Religion and Non-religion. I have chosen this option and it would be great to hear from people who chose the same topic!

untamedanimal

I didnt but someone else did and it seems an error he made, and a common one is equating religion with God. Don't assume that all God followers are part of a religion

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Just make sure you follow the syllabus guidelines. Also, do one of the recognised "non-religions" (FYI-Wicca *is* a religion so dont do it).

Plus, if doing atheism, dont rely on students who "dont believe in God". They are not atheists, they are typical teenagers!!! (ie most have no idea what true atheism is and when questioned properly would fall more into either the agnostic bracket or just couldnt be stuffed bracket.......................

I dont know if I agree with the above statement either but to each their own..

cheeky_panda

HSC
I found that too....but humanism emphasises the notion of absolute truth and answers whereas postmodernism doesn't. I think postmodernism is another strand of non-religion in itself? My re teacher seems to agree so hopefully this will work!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
if your teacher says its OK but i would be pointing out the syllabus to you. It only mentions three.........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)