Anyone doing Leni? (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
Well my class is doing Leni andi find it hella boring...
dont get me wrong i enjoy modern and learning about nazi germany; it is pretty interesting, but 2 me leni is just a bull shitting biatch! seriously...

How can she deny a social relationship with hitler and Goebbels?

yeh so who else is unfortuanate enough 2 have her?

meercat

nah we're doing speer.

Does anyone else reckon he had an affair with Eva Braun? or is that just my little theory... Man he would have gotten in shit if hitler found that out... it'd be like taking candy from satan...

1 more

fructis
HSC
Our class loved Leni. The individual study is a nice section to write in the exam, and imho the nazi propaganda machine was absolutely fascinating.

Niccy G

Leni

We are currently studying Leni for our Modern History half yearly exams and i find it a little interesting cause i just wanna find out more about her and what she was like during the war and also post war

:argue:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I did Leni last year, I actually thought it was good. Like the exam questions for her are pretty much straighforward, i.e.
1. (an explain or discuss question) main events in her life
2. (an analysis question) then something on her contribution to propaganda or how her film techniques influenced the public (heaps good cause it overlapped with english)

anyway, I had it interesting cause our class used to have arguments about whether she was a propagandist or not, which helped me remember stuff.

tg89

I personally thought that Leni was always and artist rather than a propagandist. Does anyone else back me up on this one or not?

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by tg89
I personally thought that Leni was always and artist rather than a propagandist. Does anyone else back me up on this one or not?

She couldnt help it if her work was inadvertently propagandist. She was employed by Hitler to make films for him, thats what her job asked for, and at that time, not a lot of people were questioning Hitler as a leader , so I guess she sorta just went with the flow. Even in her films, you can seen that she put a lot of effort into them and the artist in her was being shown through this.

yeahyeahyeahs

I watched the beginning of "Triumph of the Will" and it scared the hell outta me! How could she not know that filming countless Nazi insignia and young militaristic Aryan children saluting Hitler would be effective propaganda? IMO she is either very naive or dumb simply because she is in denial or refuses to acknowledge her part in the wider scheme of things. As an artist she employed great commendable techniques but I still believe she played a bigger role in NAZism than she'd have us believe.

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
my only comment to this is...
if leni wasnt making her films for propaganda i would hate to see if she would of been intentionally making them increase the profile of the nazi's. I really dont think it can be denied that leni produced her films for anything but propaganda- sure she was artistic and exceedingly talented but it is clear her films had a deeper meaning

jessika

law chicky
HSC
Originally posted by imsooverskool
sure she was artistic and exceedingly talented but it is clear her films had a deeper meaning
lots of things canhave deeper logic applied to them.

Besides even if she did make them as propaganda. millions of people followed Hitler and were led to believe that what he was doing at the time was right. swept up in the moment I guess.

anyway I still believe that she was an artist.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I'm doing an assessment on Leni now. The problem is, the first question is on the 'mountain genre' films. How the hell am I supposed to find information on that?:mad:

jessika

law chicky
HSC
I did an assessment on that... I'll if Ive got anything left...after the rubbish dump and my year 11 friends taking my stuff, I doubt it though.

Leanne

HSC
failed leni assessment

hey! i was wondering if anyone has their essay.. or some notes on the question
'Evaluate Leni Riefenstahl's contribution to the Nazi Culture'

I took the question the totally wrong way and got 4/10 for it! which is very bad for me.

I would really appreciate any help u can give me!!

thanx!

whatsthatagain?

Leni

hey! i was wondering if anyone has their essay.. or some notes on the question
'Evaluate Leni Riefenstahl's contribution to the Nazi Culture'

I took the question the totally wrong way and got 4/10 for it! which is very bad for me.

I would really appreciate any help u can give me!!

thanx!

Leanne-

- heya, im doing Leni as well, so i have a few ideas on her role in Nazi culture. In the last question it is imperitive that you link it with the dot points relating to the actual Germany course. For example her role in propaganda you should at least mention soemthing about nazi prpapaganda...llike what it aimed to do, and the link it to how Leni helped.
Anyways, answering your question, and i just joined and saw ur question so sorry its prob to late. But with leni's rle in culture, you could say soemthing like how she promoted fascism with her fascist aesthetics and discuss some of her films and thier contribution to it. Like Hitler wanted to implement the Nazi ideology in the german people, proselyte them into fascist worshippers...he used Leni to glroify the Nazis and display fascist themes in ALL her films,
if im not clear in what im saying, feel free to ask again, cause i know what im saying, buti prob cant get it out right....
hope i helped
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)