Anyone doing MATH1131 who did only 2U Math in High School? (1 Viewer)

Caution123

HSC
I only did 2u Maths in high school, and didn't attend the bridging course for uni and i coped with maths 1131 and 1231 fine. If you want a really dodgy/risky way of passing my Advice is to just look at previous Quiz questions before quizzes, and learn how to do the questions and go to the Student Support Scheme as I found that Quizzes from previous semesters were reused with different values. And when it comes to the final exam, just CRAM! :p

Alternatively, if you want to take a less dodgy approach, look at all the examples in the book, and spend time on understanding the examples, and do most of the [R] questions, you should be fine.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I only did 2u Maths in high school, and didn't attend the bridging course for uni and i coped with maths 1131 and 1231 fine. If you want a really dodgy/risky way of passing my Advice is to just look at previous Quiz questions before quizzes, and learn how to do the questions and go to the Student Support Scheme as I found that Quizzes from previous semesters were reused with different values. And when it comes to the final exam, just CRAM! :p

Alternatively, if you want to take a less dodgy approach, look at all the examples in the book, and spend time on understanding the examples, and do most of the [R] questions, you should be fine.
YES YES, that.
that works.

rama_v

HSC
I did extension 1 at school and found MATH1131 and MATH1231 easy pickings for the most part (there were a couple of hard sections in calculus, but a little bit of time spent understanding them made a world of difference, and algebra was very simple after a while).

If you do the homework every week and attend all the lectures, try the past exams, etc., then it is not hard to ace first year maths at UNSW (unless you do 1151 - that's a different cookie).

Its second year maths that I found impossible (higher order methods for DE's - terrible!).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)