Anyone doing medicine in uni rn?🧐 (1 Viewer)

Time&moretime

HSC
Does anyone know any university that is good for medicine.
All med schools are accredited by the AMC so they are essentially all the same. The topics of conversation you normally hear are on logistics (travel times to the campus? are you prepared to live on campus & for how long?), bonded and unbonded places, how many years it takes to finish your degree, HECS debt, that sort of things. Sometimes you hear comments of the uni's admissions. To learn more, like what the others have said, visit the MSO because they cover specific topics extensively.

Whoa, what's going on here, this thread is becoming like the last one on Med that had died recently!

2xq

HSC
Uni Grad
Chill bro.
Taking in constructive criticism is a good thing. Challenging good advice isn't.

Thoughts on James Cook University med program
James Cook University has an excellent medicine program focusing on important themes of Indigenous Health, Tropical Health and Rural/Remote Medicine. There is an excellent post on medstudentsonline providing excellent details about the course. Definitely go check it out.

thush@decode

HSC
N/A
If you want to do med, the reputation of the uni shouldn’t matter and once you enter the workforce after med school, no one looks at which uni you went to (so someone from UMelb is same as someone from Bond).
Very much agreed.

I did Medicine at Monash (graduated 2017) and am now a medical registrar. I work alongside graduates from Monash, Melbourne, Deakin, and interstate universities.

You absolutely cannot tell apart who went to which university.

My advice - take the offer from the medical school that accepts you (ideally one that is unbonded and closest to where you live).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)