Anyone Doing Physiotherapy? (1 Viewer)

massmon

WHat are the marks for getting into the course like, I assume its over 93.
Could you clarify ?

For those who got into the course, what UAI did you get in 2003 ?

juggernaut

HSC
at sydney its around 95.7.. at newcastle and csu its 97 something

these are 2002 cutoffs tho

Pist0ff

Originally posted by dancegal

would an english/history/economics student who has done no HSC science be able to do physio...as in be totally lost even after having done a bridging course in chem and physics?

is there anyone on this board doing physio who was in this situation or know of anyone in the course was? anyone else in yr 12 thinking of doing physio who hasnt done sciences?
i dont see why u wouldnt be able to do physio after a bridging course... hsc chem and phys is actually quite diff from what u learn in uni...
most ppl who have done the hsc course have forgotten it all(well i have) so its really not that big of a deal.

have u also considerd chiropractic science as an alternative? there are actually beginner courses in chem and phys so no bridging courses are needed... (and the uai is significantly lower)

Jessisbored

HSC
I am not a fool! hehe

Yeah you're right about the small campus thing and how it doesnt matter.

Occupational Therapy here i come!

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Jessisbored
Yeah you're right about the small campus thing and how it doesnt matter.
Depends what you're after. I'd go the big campus so I can have my pick of classes. Plus social events are more diverse.

clive

evilc
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by dancegal
hey ppl,
yes ive posted before on this topic but its still bugging me...

would an english/history/economics student who has done no HSC science be able to do physio...as in be totally lost even after having done a bridging course in chem and physics?

is there anyone on this board doing physio who was in this situation or know of anyone in the course was? anyone else in yr 12 thinking of doing physio who hasnt done sciences?

thanx,
dancegal
YES! I have a friend who did no HSC science, and no bridging course, and still got through first year physio with almost a distinction average (this was at U Newcastle, but it would be similar at USYD)

Leap

free falling
HSC
Depends what you're after. I'd go the big campus so I can have my pick of classes.
As far as I know, with a lot of the Health Science courses at Sydney you don't get to choose what subjects you do anyway. At least, thats how it is for OT. We only get to choose 2 electives later in the course.

Last edited:

tha_fairy

theres abit of maths in the subject biomechanics, and in 2nd semester, you can also pick to do either qualitative health research or quantitative health research. if u pick quantiative health research, then its pretty much a stats subject, and you do quite abit of maths in it. but other than that, we haven't had to do much yet, except for simple calculations in the chem subjects. chem is a must tho, and physics helps, as does bio.

gjl

question

i got 96.45 for uai and i put physio as my first prefer, plp told me tat the first year of physio has shit loads of work, like u have to do 7 different course, eg anatomy, biomechnics and stuff. soooooo, i just want to ask is it really tiring subject? and how many hours u have to spend every week in study and do u have to c dead body when u do anatomy? if u do , is the body straight from the cemetary?

SeDaTeD

HSC
Yikes, reviving a long dead post. I really don't think you take the bodies from the cemetary, that would be quite disrespectful. I assume you only use those who have agreed to allow their bodies to be used for research.

Try posting in the affiliate campus subforum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)