Anyone doing Visual Arts? (1 Viewer)

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Anyone doing Visual Arts?

Post thoughts/whinges here on major works, teachers, ideas, the damned theory component etc? :)?

Myself, mostly doing a photography/digital media work for my major work I believe, I have a couple of concepts but there's a minor work to be done before the end of term...

I dont mind the theory, except on Friday afternoons when i'd rather be painting something/someone...you know...relaaaaax a little....I'd rather not think about the subjective frame of Rauchenburgs ' Stuffed Angora Goat in Tyre'

geegables

HSC
The theory part completely blows, our first assessment was to read the entire textbook of From Caves to Canvas which was a bitch and a half

my major work is going to be similar, mainly working with digital media/film/photography

HSC
N/A
I'm definately working in painting, photography, mixed media and collage for my BOW. And most likely going to continue on with the same concept I played around with in those forms throughout year 11....

Theory is going great - have done a few small case studies so far. Good Good.

We got our first assignment today for the 'BOW Proposal' which basically includes research into areas of interest, artists of interest, diary work and preliminary studies. You all know how it goes. So excited! :D

Art Extension is on again soon enough too - so that gives me a good opportunity to produce a work with my current plans, and see if it works out and if it's what I want to be doing this year. If not, well - back to the drawing board!

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
For my Body of Work I'm planning on submitting works from paintings to etchings or ink works. None of it is set in stone yet but I have a rough idea of what I might submit. The theory component is fine; I scored extremely well in my prelim (which was just a past HSC paper) and I've done some case studies too.

I'm hoping that the Extension Art course will help me extend myself even more.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
etc. etc. etc. said:
Ohhh Hermzie, what studio are you working in? I'm doing Painting :)
Me too:) My tutor is Ivor - the guy with the collaging obsession who won't actually let us paint. Le sigh.

HSC
N/A
Haha yeah I went up to your class.... what work were you doing? What do you look like? I might have just seen you or said hello to you or something.

I'm in Rachel's class.... we were downstairs in a different building to the rest of you painting kiddies - and we definately had the BEST room! It was so big and spacious. I can't believe two of the painting classes had carpeted floors. Hahaha, they would have killed me.... the amount of paint I get everywhere and all!

sunshinechick88

HSC
It sucks because im doing the HSC in singapore were so behind... our first assessment was on like exhibitions which we were supposed to do in year 11... and we miss out on all the big events in australia next year.... my BOW is gunna be photography or graphics i think and its on Cambodia and Pol Pot.... Did you guys come up with concept first or media first?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)