anyone done the Catholic trials?? (1 Viewer)

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
totally easy.
all of them (catholic or otherwise) revolve pretty much around the same standard areas anyway.

1. give you the opportunity to rave on about a wide range of historians, and;
2. to then rave on about historians views on your case study.

ours were only worth 5 percent. it was exciting knowing i could fail if i chose to do so. ( ! )

Blue Queen

My trial is tomorrow and I'm doing the catholic one. My teacher said I should go ok, but I'm heaps scared. I don't think I'll be able to go on about historians opinions either. OOHHH. why did I choose this subject?:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

frenchy

Did the catholic one today, but that wouldnt help you knowing that now :p ... what did you think of it? I had a tiny bit of difficulty in section 1 with those 2 sources, and i didnt know what i was writing for the case study, my mind just went blank. errr :(

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
its easy if you know your historiogrpahy cos there can't be much variety in the questions they ask!!

jaNetix

ok.i hated the case study question...weve done nothing concerning the materials our historians used!!!! = screwed!

1st part was pretty easy..shoulda written more tho...dang...

Blue Queen

I did it today and only got 6 pages altogether. I studied for ages and as soon as I went in all th info on historiography flew out of my head. Then the case study question wasn't appropriate for what I studied. My teacher even said afterwards that the crusades are not really looked at from the point of view of material studied. There is no hope for the HSC

Dollars

I thought it was very straight forward and if you look at past papers there is little room for variation. You can almost go in with a memorised essay, especially for the case study q's.
I was not happy with the two long sources given, too much info and reading but I had actually read and analysed those articles before. So I had a bit of an advantage and was suprised they put in both articles I had read.
I wrote about 8 pages for each, could've written more but didn't know my info perfectly. Expecting pretty high marks, hopefully.

malayz_angel

Actually I wrote heaps too...about five-six pages for the first and about eight for the second. And my writing is pretty small. But then again, it was all waffle...so we'll see how generous my teacher is feeling!

And mine is worth five percent too...so I don't care as much as I should...

Yami

I did my CSSA Extension History trials yesterday, and I suppose I didn't too bad. I did 3 pages for each of the two questions (but my handwriting is tiny so it's all good). The historiagraphy question was ok, but the sources they provided were crap. And the area of study was easy enough (our class did the Crusades) because I remembered everything in the two historical debates I used in my essay.

It seems that everyone's Extension History Trial is only worth 5%...so it's all good.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
It sucks how little they are worth cos my major work ended up being shitty.
I thought I did alright, what school you from Janetix cos sounds like we did the same trial

Generator

HSC
N/A
pages count for nothing, but everyone knows that... aim for quality, not quantity.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
actuallu, pages do count, obviously not pages of utter crap, but if you can talk in detail than you've got an edge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)