anyone else enjoying yr 11 more? (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I hate it. I have way too much homework due Monday, it fills out the entire Monday section in my diary - Legal Studies Assignment, English Extension (Utopia/Dystopia), English Advanced (TS Eliot), Mathematics homework (I'm beginning not to enjoy Maths), a Chemistry Assignment (something to do with practical uses of separation techniques), a Chemistry Practical Report (properties of various metals and non-metals), and some Physics homework (albeit, it ain't that much).

And people say that Year 11 is the calm before the storm.

F-O-B

HSC
yesssssss!

I'm really loving it, minus chemisty cos thats poo... year 11 has had an amazing start.

twezaa

HSC
YES!
YES!
YES!

So far, Year 11 has been cool. (No more geography .. YAY!)
Yet I seem to hate English more and more now.

BUT this is only the BEGINNING OF YEAR 11. :eek:

frostyy

HSC
unfortunately i'm still putting stuff off.. assement due on monday.. that i kinda havent started but this is the way i have always done it cram cram cram

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
heaps of people i know have either fallen behind or are getting over breakdowns due to adjustment issues w/ the HW.

it's beyond frightening, and the adv. english module [which the majority of the year is doing - myself included] isn't helping - all these questions on identity and sylvia plath's poetry making formerly intact people neurotic.

:bomb:

7-10 does not adequately prepare one for senior years.

DeNiMuLiC

HSC
X-terc said:
Lol not really, i can feel the work load difference when i was in year 10 -_-'' i spend my time with my hw and i shouldnt be online right now!!! Its quite nerve racking knowing you're gonna do ur hsc soon! SO NO MORE PROCASINATION!!!:eek: :eek:
So true..

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I remember saying "no more procrastination" back in Year 7. :rolleyes:

frostyy

HSC
gouge.away said:
heaps of people i know have either fallen behind or are getting over breakdowns due to adjustment issues w/ the HW.

it's beyond frightening, and the adv. english module [which the majority of the year is doing - myself included] isn't helping - all these questions on identity and sylvia plath's poetry making formerly intact people neurotic.

:bomb:

7-10 does not adequately prepare one for senior years.
i never had year nine :( and only the last 2 monts of year ten... i decided to take a 2 year break.... long story nothing bad.. involves lots of countries and a sailing boat :p

HSC
I'm starting to get lazy in my work now. I miss the holidays, where all that was expected of me was nothing.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Comparing year 11 to year 12:

Calculus is ALOT more fun then Geometry
Applicable is horrible, matricies are annoying
English is still boring, even worse with Australian studies
Economics isn't that bad
Physics, MAGNETISM IS HORRID
Chemistry, alot of revision so it's not that bad :)

Just pick up processes in year 11 unless you attend a private school, no real point trying.

spoonbender

HSC
I hate year 11 >_> I have to spend almost the whole day every day doing homework. Then there's that voice in the back of my head telling me to do assessment tasks and revision but there just aren't enough hours in a day for me to do so! Year 12 is going to kill me...

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
sikhman said:
lol sylvia plath's poetry is pretty messed up.....

but yes, that's a very good point. you can coast years 7-11, but once u hit 12, you actually need to work....they should probably make the syllabus a bit harder for subjects in years 7-10
:uhhuh:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You can bludge around in Year 11? Can't say I've noticed.

HMF

Señor CAFS Dude
HSC
I love Year 11, except for the massive Chemistry Assessment that annoyed the Shit out of me 45 pages of shit on Separating Mixture for Sydney's Water Supply. Plus the added burden of printing off every source and highlighting each valid point. God damn it!!!!:jaw: Lol thats why I changed to PDHPE, it's a kind of science i guess? :eek: . Anyway it doesnt matter i can always do a bridging course.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
spoonbender said:
I hate year 11 >_> I have to spend almost the whole day every day doing homework. Then there's that voice in the back of my head telling me to do assessment tasks and revision but there just aren't enough hours in a day for me to do so! Year 12 is going to kill me...
Yeah same. For me there's also that voice in that back of my head telling me to revise all my work for the half yearly exams. But I've got so much homework to do.

Aerath said:
I remember saying "no more procrastination" back in Year 7.
I think I said it in Year 9 or Year 10. Cbb remembering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)