• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone else feeling like there is no use? (1 Viewer)

riss123

HSC
i feel so annoyed.
there is to much pressure put on the hsc.... i mean really, if you dont get into uni, is it really that bad? are you any less of a person?.

i have a biology exam on monday.
Im screwed.
I regret my subject choice. :burn: lol.

does anyone else have that attitude?
or is anyone else in the same situation as me... in any subject?.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
riss123 said:
i feel so annoyed.
there is to much pressure put on the hsc.... i mean really, if you dont get into uni, is it really that bad? are you any less of a person?.

i have a biology exam on monday.
Im screwed.
I regret my subject choice. :burn: lol.

does anyone else have that attitude?
or is anyone else in the same situation as me... in any subject?.
lol , its ok =)
i kinda feel like that sometimes too , but think about it , in three months its all guna be over ! =)
so the best thing to do now is try your best and just not lose hope yet ^^
GOOD LUCK WITH BIO !

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
I had a cry this morning. I was really upset and sent a msgs to my closest friends telling them im dropping out. lol. My parents were giving me a lecture about how i have to do well in fucking gen math - because it scales you down and shit - but for fucks sake i am doing well!! And i know general math scales me down....fucking hell. I have really recieved no support from them throughout this year...and my brother made it soo much better for me by getting a shit uai. Now i have to do better then him. My mum cried when she got my brother's results, if i do shit - she'll have a heart attack. I've been doing so well this year and they do congratulate me when i give them my marks but they forget my good marks so quickly....im annoyed, tired and pissed off.

The only thing i regret is ever choosing math. That's all when it comes to subjects. I'm really over this year. Can't wait for it all to end.

riss123

HSC
oh gosh.
i hope ur parents wake up to themselves, and appreciate you and your efforts soon :). Seems to be like your doing well, and u just had a stress moment....

i cant wait til i finsh either.

im failing general maths.
im fine doing the work in & out of class, come an exam.... i just... can apply what i know to the question. :( far out.

i cant wait til the 31st of october.......... MY FIRST FREE DAYYYY EVER :) YAY LOL.
i guess, i'll just try and stay postive, i mean... my trial exam results might not be very good, but from her until the exams i can really excel and boost up my marks.

i just find it hard to get motivated :(

bento

HSC
tanjin said:
I had a cry this morning. I was really upset and sent a msgs to my closest friends telling them im dropping out. lol. My parents were giving me a lecture about how i have to do well in fucking gen math - because it scales you down and shit - but for fucks sake i am doing well!! And i know general math scales me down....fucking hell. I have really recieved no support from them throughout this year...and my brother made it soo much better for me by getting a shit uai. Now i have to do better then him. My mum cried when she got my brother's results, if i do shit - she'll have a heart attack. I've been doing so well this year and they do congratulate me when i give them my marks but they forget my good marks so quickly....im annoyed, tired and pissed off.

The only thing i regret is ever choosing math. That's all when it comes to subjects. I'm really over this year. Can't wait for it all to end.
I know how you feel about pretty much all of that...except your mum crying about your brothers uai..thats crazy. My family, friends etc have really high expectations for me because the rest of my family did really really well...so I understand the stress, and being annoyed and pissed off...especially about scaling...I hate the HSC right now! Actually I hate the trials...I can barely study for them, I'm so tired...It's hard going from 1 hour exams in the half yearlies to 3 hour exams day after day...

riss123

HSC
awww bento.

im really annoyed at all this presure people place on the hsc.
its so frustrating!

are u motivated to study at all?.
im not.
but most people around me are, and they excel highly.
I do study, and put effort in and it doesnt pay off.

its shit.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
bento said:
I know how you feel about pretty much all of that...except your mum crying about your brothers uai..thats crazy. My family, friends etc have really high expectations for me because the rest of my family did really really well...so I understand the stress, and being annoyed and pissed off...especially about scaling...I hate the HSC right now! Actually I hate the trials...I can barely study for them, I'm so tired...It's hard going from 1 hour exams in the half yearlies to 3 hour exams day after day...
Well my mum denies ever crying now because my brother has done really well for himself and his hsc was six years ago...but when he got the results, my brother was just as schocked as my parents so my mum - according to my dad, cried at night so he wouldn't know. But my dad being my dad told the entire world the next morning :) I'm also a curry so that might clear some things up for you. I can see why my parents are pressuring me to do well - in the end it would be for my own benefit...but i just wish they could lay off for a while. I might actually give a shit about the hsc then.

Right now i feel like this: :bomb:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
riss123 said:
oh gosh.
i hope ur parents wake up to themselves, and appreciate you and your efforts soon :). Seems to be like your doing well, and u just had a stress moment....

i cant wait til i finsh either.

im failing general maths.
im fine doing the work in & out of class, come an exam.... i just... can apply what i know to the question. :( far out.

i cant wait til the 31st of october.......... MY FIRST FREE DAYYYY EVER :) YAY LOL.
i guess, i'll just try and stay postive, i mean... my trial exam results might not be very good, but from her until the exams i can really excel and boost up my marks.

i just find it hard to get motivated :(
lol maybe i've made my parents sound extremely bitchy. They know i've been trying since i've been getting full marks in quite a few subjects but they forget that extremely quickly and the lectures & shit start back up again.

I finish on the 2nd of Nov! Cant wait!! I know heaps of kids who do fairly well in class and seem to understand the work but when it comes to tests, they shit themselves. It's just practice, i just wish it was a more appealing subject.

riss123

HSC
aww. lol. yeah, HSC, i just cant wait for it to be over.
even if i dont get into uni.... im still going to be happier then ever.

sorry if i was harsh on ur parents, they probably worry for your sake, and dont reliase it isnt bennifit just at the moment.
Alot of teachers tell me that around this time of year, alot of students tend to feel less motivated, and some even lose interest.
I havent lost interest, but i just cant get motivated. :(
it sux.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
riss123 said:
aww. lol. yeah, HSC, i just cant wait for it to be over.
even if i dont get into uni.... im still going to be happier then ever.

sorry if i was harsh on ur parents, they probably worry for your sake, and dont reliase it isnt bennifit just at the moment.
Alot of teachers tell me that around this time of year, alot of students tend to feel less motivated, and some even lose interest.
I havent lost interest, but i just cant get motivated. :(
it sux.
Harsh on my parents? LOL no way. What you said is fine...but they're not that bad...:) they just don't understand how im feeling.

I feel motivated...but im not interested. I really feel like studying..because we've all got quite a lot of time before the actual thing...and we should really be utilising this time...but my trials and my 4 unit major thing finished off last week....i'm just completely over school. All interest is gone.

Last edited:

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
tanjin said:
My extension maths didn't even count in the end and I had like 1000 dollars worth of maths tutoring. The disgusting thing is that first year I have to use it again for my med sci degree!!!

I know of a girl who did all those 'easy' subjects such as DT, art, general maths, drama, she got all band 6's and you know what she got?? 79.5 in her UAI and she cried.

Your parents do care about you, but why are they telling you this now 2 months before your HSC, I see this is inhibiting your ability to concentrate on your studies.

WBD

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
man that sounds like bullshit....all band 6's and received a 79.5 UAI, a band 6 is a Band 6!...to get a band 6 your subjects , hard or easy, are moderated to reflect the equivalent of other harder subjects to make them levelled as possible. receiving a band 6 in all and getting 79 is a load of shit, if this was the case, what more can they do to get +90 adn do youreally think they will have those subjects if getting +90 didnt guarantee +90? Who would even consider doing those subjects....

Last edited:

goosiegoo

HSC
I got massively pissed off at the hsc a few days ago. Actually, i'm still massively pissed off.

I had my trials, followed by a drama major work, followed by my art major work and an english assessment, and this lead to me not getting one break in about 5 weeks, and i had a complete stress out. And now that my major works are done, and i don't have anything to do with myself, but am extremely tired and stressed, all i do is sit around and stress about every possible thing i could stress about, instead of going out and having fun, because i'm too tired!

Bah.

riss123

HSC
awww. goosiegoo.

poor thing.
just relax, watch a moive, sleep in and take a walk.
you just need to come down off working so hard, and just reduce them stress levels. :)

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
Buiboi said:
man that sounds like bullshit....all band 6's and received a 79.5 UAI, a band 6 is a Band 6!...to get a band 6 your subjects , hard or easy, are moderated to reflect the equivalent of other harder subjects to make them levelled as possible. receiving a band 6 in all and getting 79 is a load of shit, if this was the case, what more can they do to get +90 adn do youreally think they will have those subjects if getting +90 didnt guarantee +90? Who would even consider doing those subjects....
I can only go off what I heard, it was low 90's. That's why people who do well do the more scaling subjects. Try the SAM in boredofstudies. Maybe it was middle 80's.

I think I was ill informed, never mind, but the UAI is alot less, which is what I am trying to say.

Last edited:

riss123

HSC
thanks for ur adivce too wouldbedoctor.
much appreciated, and it makes me feel a whole lot better :)

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
riss123 said:
thanks for ur adivce too wouldbedoctor.
much appreciated, and it makes me feel a whole lot better :)
No problem, if you need a shoulder to cry on ;). I am here. You're not alone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)