Anyone Else Finding A Lot Of People Breaking Up Recently? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Might have something to do with winter ending (winter solstice), moon waning and the spring slowly creeping in?

Even some married couples I know have broken up these last two/three weeks. Just long, stable relationships breaking up etc.

Even Facebook tells me tis the season.

Do you think there is something naturally occuring with us socially? Do you think nature dictates us and how we act? For example do you think the moon has an affect on us, beyond dictating cycles/tides, and us being 85% water?

I'm a bit apathetic on the idea, but its interesting.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
I find breakups usually occur towards the end of the semester. (when everyone is stressed)

wendus

krawr.
HSC
yeah towards end of term 3... liek now... lol.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
end of semester =/= term 3 , but anyway. yeah i know what you mean.

HalcyonSky

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Might have something to do with winter ending (winter solstice), moon waning and the spring slowly creeping in?

Even some married couples I know have broken up these last two/three weeks. Just long, stable relationships breaking up etc.

Do you think there is something naturally occuring with us socially? Do you think nature dictates us and how we act? For example do you think the moon has an affect on us, beyond dictating cycles/tides, and us being 85% water?

why would gravitation have any effect on our reproductive intuition? its an interesting idea but completely unfounded

um, i think this is a universal trend across species, sexual drive is lower during winter and peaks up again after spring (basic survival / ideal reproductive time reasons). Lesser sexual drive = loss of interest in partner = breakup

Last edited:
HSC
The more colder winters is the more sudden deaths, rejections and break ups.

The more warmer summer is the more happiness, sexual activity and new r/ships.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
Breakups are inevitable. People aren't made for long-term relationships.

p__D

fishimi

HSC
In the past month or so I've noticed that more people are breaking up than usual. Either that, or they're having serious issues with their relationships.

I have no idea why though...

HSC
yeah i know. its sad

my friend who looked really good together broke up 1 month ago =(

i think relationships are so fertile at this age =(

:mad1:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

Wait, are you single now? Cause I totally want to bone you.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
Yeah.

Lots of people seem to be braking up or having problems in their relationships.

Not me but thankfully.

Skeeta

HSC
Things do happen in cycles. Definitely.

Eg. Long term relationship breaks up. Others in long term relationships start to question their seemingly nice relationship. Questioning and doubt leads to fighting. Fighting leads to breaking up.

I think it also has to do with life stages, like last year - a whole heap of people in my age group broke up with their partners, because they're finishing uni/starting new jobs.. relationships and dynamics change

brainwashed39

HSC
just before my ball there were heaps of break ups and new relationships...
i think it was because people started to think more about their relationships like.. "shit, i don't want to be seen with that person at the ball.. i don't even like them these days"
or.. "i really like him/her... i'll brave up and ask them out now so i have a date for the ball!!"
but recently i haven't heard of a single breakup.. and i got a new bf a few weeks ago so that definitely isn't the case for me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)