Anyone Else Finding It Hard To Get Into This "Uni" Mentality? (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
It's so hard to get back into the groove of study.
I've already been given assignments, and my attitude is like

"yeah RIGHT! What do you think this is, the HSC? This is a joke, right?"

I wish transport was "free" like it use to be with that bus pass you could use all year in high school...

My writing has become so illegible... my hand has died a terrible terrible death.

I'm finding it daunting when I think "I'm here for 4 years", even though its exciting, it's still daunting.

I'm having trouble getting back to this whole "organising my time" thing. I have uni 3 full days (like 9-5 style) and the two days off, I work 9-5 anyway, so I have the weekend to study...

Anyone else finding it hard to get back into the groove? I know uni's only just started, but it got so intense so fast....

I miss highschool. THERE I SAID IT.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm struggling to get back into the routine. You'd think that after last year, I'd know what I was in for. But I haven't done anything this weekend - only just about 1/2 of my geology practical. I'm still in holiday mode.

Give it a few weeks and you will slowly get used to the routine - by which time all your first assignments for subjects will be due :p

I wish public transport was free as well. But oh well, I'll have to deal with paying $27 a week.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

I wish transport was "free" like it use to be with that bus pass you could use all year in high school...

My writing has become so illegible... my hand has died a terrible terrible death.

I'm finding it daunting when I think "I'm here for 4 years", even though its exciting, it's still daunting.

I'm having trouble getting back to this whole "organising my time" thing. I have uni 3 full days (like 9-5 style) and the two days off, I work 9-5 anyway, so I have the weekend to study...

Anyone else finding it hard to get back into the groove? I know uni's only just started, but it got so intense so fast....

don't worry, ull be fine in a few weeks time :)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

ha!!!!!!!!!!

you'll figure out soon enough that uni is A LOT harder than the hsc, and it's A LOT harder to earn marks. instead of getting 90's for good assignments, you'll be getting 60's and 70's. instead of having everything laid out for you in a comprehensive syllabus, you'll get tutors who don't give a shit and lecturers you can't understand.

trust me, as soon as you start to absorb this stuff, you'll snap into the uni frame of mind... & make it a priority to start organising yr time, etc

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
im the same as ur inner child.

and i recently came to the "i miss high school" moment too. i hated saying it.... but i do. it was so much more little n easy n .... i dont like being new

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
i am finding it hard juggling the workload , figuring out what is the best way to go about doing it .

Alot of reading in my course, seems to take alot of my time up and then of course i have to somehow manage to fit time to go over the notes again , do questions , make a start on assignments .. dunno not finding it easy...

and im really trying to avoid my "study or i will chop your arm off " like attitude that well... worked in the HSC but meh...

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Uni is totally different to what I thought it would be like. I'm finding it hard to even begin reading let alone attend the lectures. Falling asleep is probably my biggest obstacle at uni. Yr 11 and 12 wore me out big time and now i'm facing even more work. I think i'll aim for mediocrity rather than put in huge amounts of effort.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
ha!!!!!!!!!!

you'll figure out soon enough that uni is A LOT harder than the hsc, and it's A LOT harder to earn marks. instead of getting 90's for good assignments, you'll be getting 60's and 70's. instead of having everything laid out for you in a comprehensive syllabus, you'll get tutors who don't give a shit and lecturers you can't understand.

trust me, as soon as you start to absorb this stuff, you'll snap into the uni frame of mind... & make it a priority to start organising yr time, etc
How long did it take you?

S

Shuter

Man this first week of uni has been the biggest bludge it was just like boring and what was taught was spent painfully long on to explain simple concepts. I hope it gets harder or at least starts oving harder or I'll just fall asleep.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I remember my first year it was an effort to get back into the groove but now a few years later it just doesn't bother me, I just get what I have to do out of the way and then don't do anything until the next task comes along. It's like highschool, you just adjust to it and it doesn't faze you after a while.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

Yes totally agree

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I hate my spread out timetable. Apart from the 20min drive home and a low amount of girls in my courses, I'm happy.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
jumb said:
I hate my spread out timetable. Apart from the 20min drive home and a low amount of girls in my courses, I'm happy.
20 minutes? Try an hour (or even worse for the CC people who have 2ish hrs on a train!!)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
im finding it suprisingly easy to get back into it this year, amazingly enough the courses im doing actually have relevance to my degree which is a nice change

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
gah. im struggling to comprehend with uni life...the amount of independence is scary lol. So far, the "tutors who dont give a shit" and "monster lecturers" havent appeared yet and my lecturers and tutors are actually all quite nice and not cold.

the workload combined with high standards and scary comments of getting low marks for what i might think is a good assignment just scares the hell out of me :( . time management was never my strength and i never aimed to make it one...i think uni is finally the thing that will make me pull my socks up. bahh. uni has humbled me into only praying for P's now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)