Anyone else orgasm? (1 Viewer)

4lettersdown

HSC
o and its not like im completely against electronice (just largely).
I dont mind if its used in a musically coherent and non repetitive fashion. and I am a fan of "rocktronica" or "numetal" or whatever the hell u wanna call it (like Incubus)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
YouTube - Veracocha Carte Blanche 1999 Original Music Video (HQ)
YouTube - Cosmic Gate - Exploration of Space

are my personal favourites =o

but i'm a huge hardcore fan so happyhardcore does the job most of the time.

PS. hardstyle does an okay job if it's a good song, none of this nu-style stuff.

ie. YouTube - Qdance - Sydney Rockers
This is probably my favourite hardtrance song ever:
YouTube - Megara vs. DJ Lee - The Megara 2005 (Deepforces Remix)
Cosmic gate are indeed awesome:
YouTube - Dumonde - God music

Not so hard:
YouTube - Flutlicht - The Fall (Orginal Mix) [Long Version]
YouTube - DJ MIND-X - VOYAGE (DOGMA REMIX)

Also yeah hardstyle has some great stuff.
YouTube - Zatox - Bad Time
YouTube - Frontliner - Spacer (Full Vinyl)

The thing is listening to these songs (especially looonnggg original mixes) on their own kinda sucks. Mixes are the way to go.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
no i agree there is a difference....but i feel hes more progressive, if you listen to someone like sebastian leger, he is definetely minimalistic, so tiesto no, not to that extent
Tiesto has released that many tracks its hard to say, some are progressive some are just normal good trance some are more formulaic anthem trance.
Nitpicking is kind of lame though, a track is either good or not.
Even though this track doesn't have a definite "anthem" or theme it is still awesome and has a great drop:
YouTube - Joop - Prominent
TBH I don't know what this is classed as, deep/progressive or something I guess

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
hahahahaha.....
metal is decent, but It saddens me to look at all the shit that gets pumped out of this genre because of the influence of death n thrash.
Hiphop is shit and an incredibly self centred, egotistical artform, but by no means do I diss rap.
I suppose what I meant by 'real instrument' was one that is actually requires a skill to play. from my expierience techno requires a musical ear, but not all that much musical knowledge/skill (i have friends who make techno, decent techno, that readily admit this.)
and all music is not good. im sick of watery, feel good pansy-boys sayin shit like this. most music is shit. however music as an ideal is indeed good. pointin case: alternative music, a lake of animal shit with a few good songs floating about in it.
egotistical artform?? oh u mean the pop rappers that brag about stuff on the radio??

yeah man, cool music knowledge *thumbs up*

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
4lettersdown - have you tried mixing a set using turntables?

4lettersdown

HSC
it's okay if you dislike a genre of music but don't downplay it because it doesn't use 'real' instruments.
k. I can see how this developed into a kind of "you see a hen where I see a tree" kind of discussion...

Shogun

HSC
it's kinda awkward when the word "orgasm" and "children" turn up in the same post.

Shogun

HSC
It's ok - everyone has their pedophilic moments....or is it just you?

Speakin of hip-hop, it is not rap. They're two different genres although the two often blend together well.

ie. Nujabes is a hip-hop producer. He's japanese, doesn't rap and creates great hip-hop infused with Jazz. I'm always a sucker for jazz (but that's not the point).

Yeah alot of rap is egotistical and self centred. That's the temptation of the rap game. Hiphop is dying, just look at the quality that is on the radio. It's basically pop. I'm talking about Chris Brown, 50 cent, Rihanna and whatnot. The good quality hiphop and rap isn't on the radio, and I'm sure that applies to all genres.

Also regarding real instruments, alot of hiphop is made using beat machines and synthesizers - although these still require alot of skill to play. I bought myself a Motif and I'm still on the learning curve. You can use it to make hiphop, rnb, electro, house, techno, rock, classical - practically any genre. Although these are electronics are prevalent throughout the music industry, some producers still prefer to use real instruments for an authentic sound. (See Ryan Leslie: YouTube - Ryan Leslie's "Just Right" (Also check out Gibberish ;))

Anyway that's just my opinion, I'm not gonna shove it down your throat or force you to like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)