ANYONE ELSE SIT IN e101 for 30min waiting for a psych lecture that never happened?! (1 Viewer)

Jezzabelle

argh our psych lecturer never turned up (well hadnt by the time i decided to exercise my academic right to leave 30min into a 2hr lecture)

wat was that about??!!! no one even told us anything, people just decided to leave and others still held on to some hope...

total crap, i could of gone home at 11

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
aww at least ur psych is in E101 ours is in lil old B020. we have biochem in there tho
havent had our teacher not turn up yet

zeropoint

HSC
I remember hearing about an experiment performed by the psych faculty at macquarie that's reminiscent of this. On the first day of lectures, the psychology lecturer intentionally stood up his entire first year class and arranged to have later year students observe their behavior from neighboring bushes. The goal was to determine how groups of people nominate leaders and so forth. I wonder if they do a similar thing at usyd? Anyway, it's probably just a coincidence.

Skeeta

HSC
omg yes i was in that lecture.. i could not bloody believe it. It was a pain that i couldnt go home though i had to hang around for another lecture

grrrr

Jezzabelle

apparently tho i am hearing that she came an hour late, tried to cram a 2hr lecture into an hour. gave out an assignment and said she'd put lecture notes up on the web for everyone else.

Skeeta

HSC
eek! i left an hour into it (i had to wait around for another class) and she never turned up

Jessisbored

HSC
yeah damn lady, did she even explain the depression assignment? I'm already confused. Hey did you see that guy that got paid 10 dollars to go outside and walk in through the door acting like the teacher and everyone fell silent. That was so funny. I would have done it for no money :)

kat_mandu

What the?
HSC
i was there...man it was so annoying. i do leisure and health, so i had the same chick for an hour the week after and she said the her timetable said 2-4 and that we all should have waited. She made it sound like we where in the wrong when she was the stupid one who turned up an hour late!
did you guys go to the lecture last week? how funny is that indian lady...i cacked my pants the whole time!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
you guys must have the same assignment as us..the depression one. i wonder if its the same content. and we had an indian woman too last week

Jessisbored

HSC
i know the discussions are on webCT but does anyone know anything about biological psychology, that lecture up for wk 3 doesnt describe it i dont think

sharks05

HSC
Biological psychology (in terms of depression) tends to look more more at the physiological/biochemical changes that occur in the brain and the effects of these..... I think the associated lecture was with Steve Cummings. He was a bit weird. He kept making werid noises, and walking around and up the stairs of E101. Then when he couldnt find the laser pointer for his powerpoint presentation he *jumped* and pointed himself... Yeah.... Does anyone have their lecture on Thursday???

stazi

Nightman
HSC
zeropoint said:
I remember hearing about an experiment performed by the psych faculty at macquarie that's reminiscent of this. On the first day of lectures, the psychology lecturer intentionally stood up his entire first year class and arranged to have later year students observe their behavior from neighboring bushes. The goal was to determine how groups of people nominate leaders and so forth. I wonder if they do a similar thing at usyd? Anyway, it's probably just a coincidence.
What? The had bushes in a lecture hall? Isn't this complete invasion of privacy? Heheh i can so imagine the lecturer doing an evil cackle and screeching "eeeediots mwahahaha" and then getting onto his broomstick and flying away into oblivion. Psychologists are funny like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)