anyone elses parents/family not give a flying fek about your HSC? (1 Viewer)

bikinigal

HSC
N/A
Mine want me to do the best I can, but they don't pressure me. If I'm happy with my efforts and marks then they're happy - they never check if I'm study or force me to study, just make sure that I eat/drink/sleep.
That's pretty much our attitude toward our kids as well. At the moment I just try to keep my youngest (& last HSCer) motivated as after 12:30pm tomorrow it will all be over. We could never be disappointed in him only sympathise if he is disappointed in himself - after all, that's the person he has to please when it's all said and done (but only as a sense of acheivement - he'll slay the ATAR he needs for the course he wants to do).

We think it is really important to simply provide support and love - we are very proud of both our sons (the other is currently sitting 3rd year Uni physics, maths & engineering exams). I really don't understand some parents... :/

CecilyMare

HSC
lol omnipotence you troll ):

My parents are terrible, all throughout my exams i tried to sleep after i got home because i started having this routine where I'd do all-nighter study sessions

but everyday my mother just wouldn't get it and yelled at me every 10 minutes or maybe every hour to get the fuck up and study or else i'm not going to get into commerce and telling me to kill myself. Or things like if you don't get up in half an hour we're kicking you out of the house.

It was really shit anti-motivation.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

My parents are terrible, all throughout my exams i tried to sleep after i got home because i started having this routine where I'd do all-nighter study sessions

but everyday my mother just wouldn't get it and yelled at me every 10 minutes or maybe every hour to get the fuck up and study or else i'm not going to get into commerce and telling me to kill myself. Or things like if you don't get up in half an hour we're kicking you out of the house.

Sorry CecilyMare :( (It felt good at the time)

Do you want to do Commerce?

CecilyMare

HSC
Sorry CecilyMare :( (It felt good at the time)

Do you want to do Commerce?
No i don't. They have no confidence in me trying for anything else in the world so they're like, just work at a banking firm or be an accountant. It's so insulting.

HyperComplexxx

ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
HSC

so much real life, my mother said the same thing to me
But holy fk, your mother telling you to kill yourself lol, thats hardcore
When she says that to me, i say no, im not stupid enough to kill myself why dont you kill me then and shes all like *cricket sounds in background*

CecilyMare

HSC
When she says that to me, i say no, im not stupid enough to kill myself why dont you kill me then and shes all like *cricket sounds in background*
Would try to respond with something like that but my parents speak a foreign language I'm terrible at. It's awkward so I just tell them to go away ):

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
LOL my dad hasn't hit me with a belt since yr 8. he scared

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)