Anyone else's UAI getting dragged down cause of English? (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
possessionless said:
oh how sorry you will be in a year.

English is possibly the most poorly structured course in the HSC. As already said it doesnt at all tell you what you need to know. Compare it to maths, history, sciences, business, economics, or any other subject, you will see.

only advice is to take up extension english so you get an extra attempt at an english paper. if you do well then it helps you, if not than it doesnt matter. and the extension courses are tremendously more interesting too.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
If english is compulsory, then why shouldn't maths be?

Even though english is my worst subject, i'm surprised i got a decent mark without any hard work, its like a blessing in disguise lol

dp624

HSC
u-borat said:
hahahahha

how much did english drag you down in the end in your opinion?
actually
it ended up NOT being my worst subject
so =.=
stupid external exam (i swear i didnt stuff it that badly, but lawl anyways)

savio23q

Band
HSC
rajputsingh said:
in my opinion yes it will for example this year around 40 percent i believe of people got either a band 5 or 6 in english so if u get a 70 u will be scaled down well at least u will this year like my friend he got high 80;s like i mean 89's 88's in the so called "scaling subjects" such as 3 and 4 unit maths however got a band 4 in english and he got a high 80 uai like 89 and using sam if he was to get 80 in english his uai would have been a 94-95 so try hard i hated english but i put in some effort for the hsc and brought my mark from 62 in the trial to eventually get 81 as my final hsc mark...as my teacher says english is the ability to bullshit and being able to convince others-thats all it is
You sure about that? Sounds like a lot of people.

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
yea, my english killed me- 89 was my lowest in my other subjects that counted but i got 78 in english!! i was pretty pissed off that it was the only units that counted but im over it now :)

JollyJohn

HSC
N/A
If it weren't for english i'd be so in there with the med crowd in 2010 XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)