• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone ever get the job right on the spot? (1 Viewer)

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Yeah, at my second job (as an Application/Database developer for a small software company). Boss phoned me, asked if I could come to his house for an 'interview' the next morning. Got there, he was still in his PJ's and was smoking/drinking coffee as he asked me about my skills and stuff. I told him what I could do, showed him some examples, and he told me I had the job.

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
yeah. i went for an interview for office junior and the person just said either start tomorrow or monday, even though there was one and a half A4 pages of names listed before me and ppl waiting outside. the guy just looked at you and didn't ask any serious questions, or even look at my resume. they wanted more than one person though. there were also 2 positions for which i got offered a job in the afternoon of the interview. i'm literally working more than the full time load per week right now. basic wages though. i'll drop it all when uni starts.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Yes at Hungry Jacks...only on the basis of my HSC marks and UAI :p...but it sucked.
Now working at a Coles Myer store...this 1 took time :)

leeyah

HSC
rocked up with my resume, filled in the application, interview on the spot .. went in for one arvo of training and i got the job :)

shiroangel

akaNiCoL3
HSC
i got a job at maccas 3 years ago. went there in the morning to ask them whether they had any job vacancies, and the manager came out askin me to go for a quick interview rite there cauz they were realli busy at that time and didnt hav the time to do a proper one, it finished after lyk 3mins. afterwards, she told me that i got the job and i went straight home to get all the stuff that i needed...and so i started on that day....it was pretty cool....haha

gibbo67

HSC
i was walking around and managed to get a job with a pizza hut express on the spot after handing over my resume, the manager asked me to turn up the next day and handed me a work shirt; a lot quicker in comparison to coles myer which took a few months

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Rocked up with my folder containing my resume (which was pretty empty as this was my first and only job i applied to), met my boss. Conversation:

Boss: so what you into when you are not working?
Me: going around, surfing the net, stuff like that
Boss: have you ever used excel?
Me: Yes
Boss: ok lets go to the payroll in first level of the other building to get your forms

20 mins later i signed the form to work there and met the boss of my boss. Dont understand why he asked if i used excel since ive never used it since i started there. Walked out with an unopen resume folder. The rest is history.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)