Anyone feel like 'Paying It Forward'? (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
I do
4U+3U Maths , Chem , Phys , Agriculture , Eng Adv.

=]
desperately in need of help in all :p

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
I have tons and TONS of English notes for all to go around, as long as somebody...ANYBODY...can show me how to write a successful essay in 40 mins, and actually have it FINISHED!

If you guys are happy to come along, then i'm more than happy to organise it!

Also, it would be a great idea to bring any of your marked past papers along to give others an idea of what to do and what not to do under exam conditions. I myself went through my English Trial papers today and found that it was so much easier seeing my strengths and weaknesses after reading my essays and answers aloud with my friend and having her do the same. We were able to better understand why we had recieved the marks that we did recieve!

This is what i believe is one of the most efficient ways to study whether it be with a friend or by yourself. Going back and reading the feedback that markers/teachers have given you, as well as re-reading the material you had written under exam conditions helps for you to better understand the ways in which you can explore your strengths and deal with your weaknesses before the exams commence. Give it a go if you haven't already!

Era

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
pretty.in.punk said:
p.s

SoulSearcher - I thought i might quickly mention how much i LOOOOVE that Adriana Lima pic you have as your DP! I actually sketched it once last year and made it part of my Visual Arts diary...she's totally the bomb lol
Haha, it's the best pic of her I've got that fits within those constraints, but yes, I really do like it as well :D Oh, she is definitely da bomb :uhhuh:

Next Saturday, right? I'm rather busy this Saturday, just for clarification purposes :)

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
hahaha! Yeah look i won't lie, my mother constantly has "the gay talk" with me, for the sheer fact that i have thousands of Dita Von Teese and Adriana Lima pics constantly coming up as part of my screen saver lol (that is when it's not my usual Pulp Fiction themed one)...

And yes, next saturday is looking like the day to hold this big meet-up, so start telling EVERYONE from now! I'll post a new thread in the coming days just reminding people of the why's, what's, where's and how's! NOTE: I am well aware of my shocking grammer, and take full responsibility for my lack of actually caring - further proof that a study day like this is certainly needed for someone like me lol.

:wave:
Era

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
pretty.in.punk said:
hahaha! Yeah look i won't lie, my mother constantly has "the gay talk" with me, for the sheer fact that i have thousands of Dita Von Teese and Adriana Lima pics constantly coming up as part of my screen saver lol (that is when it's not my usual Pulp Fiction themed one)...

And yes, next saturday is looking like the day to hold this big meet-up, so start telling EVERYONE from now! I'll post a new thread in the coming days just reminding people of the why's, what's, where's and how's! NOTE: I am well aware of my shocking grammer, and take full responsibility for my lack of actually caring - further proof that a study day like this is certainly needed for someone like me lol.

:wave:
Era
LOL! Ahh well, suppose you have to expect those sorts of questions with screen savers such as those :) Not gay though, right? ;):lol:

Ahh, awesome. Pending any commitments that I may have that pop up during now and then, I should be there next Saturday :)

:wave: Gab

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
No, despite proudly being the queen of all "fag-hag's" and having more naked Dita Von Teese pictures than most straight men, i myself do not happen to be gay lol. I'm just fascinated by glamorous women (it's the artist in me lol).

Great to know that you'll try and come along! Truly appreciated and it'll be good seeing you there! If we get more numbers of confirmed people i'll book the rooms in if possible w00t!

Also, on a totally unrelated tangent, i'd like to quickly add that i have never in my life felt more helpless as i do right now. My mother has developed a serious and quite possibly untreatable addiction to watching "The Dog Whisperer" repeats, and i can't help but feel as though i myself am suffering more than she might be as i am now being forced to watch the show (i think she's still in the denial faze). But now for the scariest part...i'm....starting....to...really.....like it lol.

Okay, sleep deprivation has finally gotten the best of me and i've officially gone delirious, meaning it's totally beddy-byes for lil' old me! But just quickly on this whole meet-up study group, we have from now until next saturday to get people talking. Together we help and get helped. Like-minded people, with the same goal - surviving the HSC! Let's do this guys!

p.s my apologies for my dog whisperer rant lol, it needed to be said

miss-smexy

HSC
Dave2007 said:
I do 4u eng, 3u hist, geo, eco.

As for what I can bring to the table... I can get you kick-ass marks in retreat from the global (3u eng), module a and the area of study for 2u eng, full marks in section 1 of history extension, kick ass in 2u history area of study and vietnam essays, any geo urban dynamic essay and i've got some quite good eco notes.
oh oh i do RFTG too for EE1. Are you excellent at it?!
And ext hist... wow are you the only person in the class who gets full marks?

----

Umm i'll think about going but when is it and what day? Woww state library is so far... (it's times like this i hate living in the baulko area)

I can help with writing ADV essays, AOS section, and improving your Ancient History essays (topped grade for this).

I need a study buddy for business studies/ ext. history / ancient (because I need to revise the core).

Last edited:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
wells i dont feel i can teach anyone much, but friends say i'm a good tutor at

modern history, economics, religion.

i'd do english, but i myself need help from my teacher so i dont feel qualified to give others help.

and maths -- not too crash hot on.

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
You guys would be perfect! Anything you can bring to the table is considered help, whether it be just moral support and a good discussion on subjects and texts or the notes you've been given that others might not have had a chance to see!

The day is next saturday (28th September). As long as everyone is happy with the location being the State Library (Macquarie St in the city, nearest train station Martin Place), then this is where it will be held!

Bring nothing but your study material (notes, books, stationary ect), a friend or two that you feel comfortable studying with and your brilliant selves! As for all those living in the Western Suburbs of Sydney, or further away from the CBD, then trust me I FEEL YOUR PAIN lol! I myself live near parra/baulko, but it's only about an hours' travelling distance and with some good music on your ipod, or a friend to nag on about their own issues sitting next to you on the train, then that hours travelling distance feels like it's been reduced to a good ten mins!

If the State Library is too far for any of you to come, but you're fond of the idea, then by all means i encourage you to maybe organise a similar study day at a location that best suits you. Round up about a group of people the same size as an ordinary class and get things going! Have people that range from all different subjects so that nobody is "going it alone" in a sense.

It really helps, for me anyway, to balance private study time with group study that way you allow yourself to hear from people that might be interpreting texts and elements of a subject different to the way that you would! It gives you a broader outlook on what you're doing, and at least you are around people that actually understand what you're going through!

Any questions/queries/concerns email me!
onlyanaddiction01@yahoo.com.au

Thanks!
Era

moshimoro

HSC
oohh sounds good

i NEED HELP in physics.. if anyone could help me here, im in =P

stand eng
2U maths
Chemistry
Bio
Phy
hosp >.>

bellinda

HSC
ok probebly get my back side there.. lol..

subjects are as below.. lol..

and i stink at all of them.. haha..

math i guess im nto to bad.. need to study more..
modern is stink at..
art im not too bad..
english.. agh.. lol..
science.. well its an easy coarse..
itg.. well if i had notes id be right.. lol..

ps. set time? lol

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
Invincible aye? If only we could all be so lucky lol!

What does everyone think about the State Library next Saturday?

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
IMPORTANT!! Regarding Group Sydney Study Session!!!

Hey guys!

I posted a thread roughly over a week ago now, briefly mentioning an idea i had about all getting together, if possible, for a large scale group study at the State Library this saturday. The thread was titled "Anyone feel like Paying It Forward in a sense?".

As it turns out, i have found myself incredibly overwhelmed this week, what with the prospect of both the HSC exams themselves as well as the stress of Uni application and some serious family and personal matters.

I would hate to think that we all miss out on this opportunity to meet up and share insight on subjects due to my lack of organisation! The interest generated was far more than i had initially expected and that alone is proof enough of the fact that something like this is just what alot of us stress-heads are looking for - a helping hand, guidance and insight from people that actually GET WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH!

For those who are still able and willing to meet up this Saturday (tomorrow) , then by all means do so. I have set no real time or meeting place and have not adequatelt organised it well enough for the kind of meeting i had in mind, to take place this week. BUT...

This isn't so much about the date or location as it is about the idea. Many of us understand that we are required to study hard in order to succeed in the HSC, yet so many of us struggle with the concept of studying as it differs for each individual. I encourage all of us to band together so that we have a group of students who study a range of subjects and varying notes. The study tactics i have in place for myself might be of use for someone else, and likewise - we can all gain from this experience, if not just for the sake of exploring your study options and seeing how others may be interpreting topics and subjects that apply to you.

If anyone is still interested then we should strongly consider re-schedueling for a day sometime this week. If people would rather gather on a Saturday or Sunday that's fine also. I'm open to hearing suggestions about location and time as long as it suits us all relatively well. I suggested the State Library as the location for the fact that it's well known and easily accessible, but like i said...totally open to suggestions!

If you are keen, or would like a little more information then feel free to contact me via email at onlyanaddiction01@yahoo.com.au, and also read my previous thread which outlines the idea a little better.

Thanks all and GOOD LUCK!

Era

Last edited:

pretty.in.punk

Totally The Bomb...
HSC
Okay, so my thread got moved...completely disregard the crap i said about it being a new thread - i assure you it was briefly lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)