Anyone go to the english modules day at UTS on friday? (1 Viewer)

xandersnape

HSC
I went, I had to catch the 5.40 train that morning to get there on time, and I live 40 mins away from the station 0.o

I thought the first lecture, on the comparative for Frankenstien and Bladerunner was really really good, the lecture on hamlet was horrid though, and that was the one I looked foreward to the most :-(

What do you guys think?

jassono

HSC
Agreed, the Frankenstein one was great-I wanted to put my pen down and just listen to what he had to say. But then my last one, on Julius Caesar, with the high school teacher, was so dry and it sucked. i sat there drawing penises on my mates sheet cos he had fallen asleep
Tertiary lecturer, hahaha much better than high school crackpot
Maybe its because he was from Sydney Uni :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Frankenstein was great. Speeches and Caesar sucked shit, cause there was that woman. I ended playing on my friend's Iphone.

xandersnape

HSC
For the Hamlet one, I was all excited 1, because Hamlet is the best part about english this year and 2, because our lecturer was this man (cant remember his name) who had written these amazing introductions/essays on our extension english unit (Navigating the global) ... but he was horrid! He was telling the room "in every shakespearean tragedy, there is always death and a tragic hero"...
My two friends and I, who were sitting in the second to back row were just like "no shit! we have been studying shakespeare since year 7 and we are about to start the hsc trials and we DIDNT know that!"
It was like sitting in on an introductory presentation to shakespeare for a standard english class.

I Study Hard

HSC
I went.
I thought that the one of John Donne/Edson was really helpful. The lecturer pointed out alot of things that my teacher had missed.
I thought the speeches one was pretty good too, but by the time i got to snow falling on cedars i was pretty tired so i didn't pay too much attention.
Lol at how the whole room cracked up when the lecturer talked about how they were innocent in the tree for the most part and then said that they were "wet...*pauses while everyone laughs and sighs*..not in that way"
Best bit in the lecture =D

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
i went, wrote down 20 words, it was shit

best moment was when matt dinh rode a crate down 3 flights of stairs, fucking best moment of my life

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

best moment was when matt dinh rode a crate down 3 flights of stairs, fucking best moment of my life
LMFAO, as if people know who Matt Dinh was. I think that's gonna go on Youtube, and he'll be the new Clare Werbeloff. :)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC

That's a typical SBHS scrub for ya.

Last edited:

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad

someone told me this was on youtube already xD Too bad i missed it. Anyone got the link?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
someone told me this was on youtube already xD Too bad i missed it. Anyone got the link?
LMFAO, so I guess he was famous. It was better there. =P

How the heck are our jerseys being put on BoS? How do you have access Fortify? :p

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
LMFAO, so I guess he was famous. It was better there. =P

How the heck are our jerseys being put on BoS? How do you have access Fortify? :p
it happened like near the bottom of the stairs right? Was it below where all the sydney boys were at like 10am or after that?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I thought it was about.....11am? =\

bettina44

HSC

That's a typical SBHS scrub for ya.
geez what's with everyone stealing my jersey name!! this is like the third time that its happened first it was some guy at the boy school, second on the other day at a eco lecture and now this?? well,i got it copyrighted so i'm gonna sue... :p

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
geez what's with everyone stealing my jersey name!! this is like the third time that its happened first it was some guy at the boy school, second on the other day at a eco lecture and now this?? well,i got it copyrighted so i'm gonna sue... :p
He had this planned like....by Term 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)