Anyone go tutoring? (1 Viewer)

madster14

HSC
Kurt's mathematic centre at Epping station is by far superior when it comes to math :DDD However, you're going to need to sit an entrance test (he hates really really dumb students who are unwilling to learn).

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Kurt's mathematic centre at Epping station is by far superior when it comes to math :DDD However, you're going to need to sit an entrance test (he hates really really dumb students who are unwilling to learn).
I don't think it is so much that. Dumb students no tutor can help in general. By weeding out the poor students, it will enhance the centre's reputation - as only good students can produce good results and such centres need good results to boost their reputation and business.

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I don't think it is so much that. Dumb students no tutor can help in general. By weeding out the poor students, it will enhance the centre's reputation - as only good students can produce good results and such centres need good results to boost their reputation and business.
Well, dumb people tend to be really frustrating and give tutors a headache. Also, there are places where they will accept you no matter how smart or dumb you are as long as there is space however if you keep on doing bad, they're more than likely going to kick you out. Yes there are places who accept only top kids in order to boost reputation and business (e.g. Terry Lee) however, it's not the tutoring place which will make you automatically smart. You have to work hard to get those marks and do well at school. Yes, dumb students need to study harder and smarter in order to do well, if they're still not doing well, they need to reconsider the way they are learning and try different methods of studying/learning and whatever suits them best, they can start excelling from there

natalia2723

HSC
N/A
I go tutoring for 2 unit and 3 unit Maths. It has helped me improve my grades throughout the years as well as providing an easy approach to questions rather than how the board of the studies require teachers to do so. although I've had my bad experiences with tutors in the past, it really depends on you go to for tutoring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)