Anyone going overseas? (1 Viewer)

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
After HSC I'm going overseas. Is there anyone else who isnt joining the"crowds" ie. not heading to the Gold Coast and jetsetting it over to a foreign country? I'm going to Canada in December for christmas and hopefully will make it home in time for my 18th.

Anyone got any other plans? Crazy places, cities .. even just sleeping at home.

ta!

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
im going to peuket, followed by america for a while.

col333

HSC
yes! me and my friends are going to fiji. should be awsome! everyone should go to coral coast fiji :)

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
awesome. yeah i chose going to canada over going to schoolies.

my parents would do anything to get me away from the schoolies crowd.

spending christmas there and jetting back the week before my 18th.

thanks for posting back on the thread.

i didnt think anyone was going to reply.

have a good weekend :D

im studying for my business studies assessment. its a bitch.

antartica sounds cool - excuse the pun

ticky 2002, have fun :) it sure sounds exciting.

L-esky

HSC
well I'm going to the gold coast but was thinking about overseas. If I was going overseas though I probably would wanna go to India or england or one of those carribbean island places haha.

Jess =)

Pirate Queen of Awsomness
HSC
goldcoast in november/december, phuket in like february (so i can earn money to go), then england for a year!!! yay!

must stop spending money :$

HSC
Arounddd the world ticket for me, its like France then Madrid then some where then somewhere then L.A, wooh soo stoked! going watch a soccer match in Madrid go to the Art musuems in France and travel in America as much as possible to see the best punk/hardcore bands. :rofl:

justmeme

HSC
N/A
awhhh man, i wanna go overseas..

planning to do international exchange during uni though maybe..

if i start traveling at the end of the year, i will never come home. lol
i think ill travel after uni because im know im going to end up living somewhere else..

HSC
^^^ very stupid idea tbh you will finish uni then go nah i need to get or job or you will get a job offer then start straight away and never get good set of holidays to go see the world or after uni you'll probably have like 0 money due to payments ect so go at the end of the year (2008) while you can!!

Dance Ad Deum

HSC
I'm going to thailand at the end of november for 2 or 3 months to do volunteer work with orphans in poverty.
Should be an incredible experience!

bekibear

HSC
I think its a fantastic idea for you guys to go overseas if you can. i live overseas and its awsome!!
I reackon you should go somewhere in Asia. My advice would be to make sure you spend time with the people, learn a bit about the culture before you go, and try to learn a few words of the language.
A lot of the locals in Asia are really friendly...

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Okay so I might be changing what I'm doing next year now.

England is definite.

However, after catching up with a mate in Melbourne a couple of days ago, I may put off Europe for about a year, maybe 2, so that I can go with them.

In the mean time I'm thinking I'll try get a job over in the U.K. in order to earn quite a bit of cash to pay for an awesome time.

One thing that keeps coming up is that a couple of my mates turn 18 in the start of next year, infact 5 between Feb-May.

Should I go overseas after May, or leave and miss their 18ths? I can't quite decide at the moment because I want to leave in about March.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
A lot of people take a year off after university and travel. My brother did and had no troubles financially - he had cash and a credit card and spent about 30,000 + for the year. Mind you, he stayed at family friends' homes much of the time.

Uni debt isn't a problem if you have HECS. I'll be living in Switzerland my second last year of university, but would love to take a year off again after university to do some more travelling. G-d knows if I'll be able to afford it under these circumstances!!! One can only hope...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)