Anyone going to UNSW@ADFA? (1 Viewer)

ownagemaster

HSC
Just seeing if anyone here is going to ADFA next year and what course?

I have been accepted for electrical engineering so just have to get the 85 to go anyone else
?

bree =)

HSC
N/A
hey.

I'm looking at going to adfa next year. The only thing that worries me is the ROSO of NINE YEARS!!! seems like forever. But the opportunities are fantastic.. Any one at adfa? \\:)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
bree =) said:
hey.

I'm looking at going to adfa next year. The only thing that worries me is the ROSO of NINE YEARS!!! seems like forever. But the opportunities are fantastic.. Any one at adfa? \\:)
Whats a ADFA? how does it work? how does it help?. and nine years for??

Iruka

HSC
N/A
ADFA = Australian defence forces academy. It's in Canberra, next to Duntroon. You graduate from there with a UNSW degree.

ROSO = return of service obligation (basically the military put you through uni and pay your HECS, so you have to work for them for some time afterwards.)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Iruka said:
ADFA = Australian defence forces academy. It's in Canberra, next to Duntroon. You graduate from there with a UNSW degree.

ROSO = return of service obligation (basically the military put you through uni and pay your HECS, so you have to work for them for some time afterwards.)
Damn, thought if after a certain amount of years after I were to graduate at ADFA, I could show off to employers straight away I graduated from a military, whose standards are much greater.
Rather than go off to serve in the military.

bree =)

HSC
N/A
Omium said:
Whats a ADFA? how does it work? how does it help?. and nine years for??
AFDA is the Australian Defence Force Academy. It is one of the pathways into the defence force. To get in you have to go through a series of interviews, medicals, ect. ADFA is in Canberra, accommadating all three services (army, navy, air force) and is linked with a campus of the UNSW. At ADFA you study your degree (arts, business, science ect.) and also do military training. After the three or fours years there you go for further training in your chosen occupation ie. pilot.

There are alot of perks such as
- no HECS fees
- paid to study
- free medical and dental
- the whole experience
ect.

Hope that helps.

bree =)

HSC
N/A
RiSeAgAiNSt2538 said:
hoping to get into Mechanical Engineering at ADFA. still got JOES and OSB
I have my assessment day on thursday :S kinda nervous...

panchalr

90+ UAI
HSC
Yea i wanna go ADFA in 2009 ... hopefully to be a pilot but shit skool made me do general maths n u need to do advanced maths to do a pilot course ... so try TAFE ... n if i cant den i'll do Air Traffic Control

its heapSs goOD

cos its lek free everything ... just not much on time ... but dey also pay for HECS ... n dey pay u like $30 000 p.a. as startgin pay just to learn ... free medical n dental ... one guy came to our skool to do a ADFA talk n he lke he hasn't payed for a Panadol in 13 years haha

its Hektik .... cant wait

:D :D

l8rZz take care every1

HSC
i went to OSB in the holidays and got in for GSO army. just need my 85 now so i can do mech. eng. Feel sorry for anyone trying to get into RAF

commando-1991

HSC
Yeah mate i got accepted in the june/july osb. Ill be there next year cant wait. Im studying military history and strategic studies.

HSC
commando-1991 said:
Yeah mate i got accepted in the june/july osb. Ill be there next year cant wait. Im studying military history and strategic studies.
i assume thats an arts degree? what service?

ASNSWR127

HSC
RiSeAgAiNSt2538 said:
i went to OSB in the holidays and got in for GSO army. just need my 85 now so i can do mech. eng. Feel sorry for anyone trying to get into RAF
Well it would be a little hard to get into RAF ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)