Anyone got notes on Constantine?? (1 Viewer)

pipolaaa

HSC
hey im doin ext hist this yr and im doin constantine the first for my hisotrical investigation.... i ve got info from the library etc but does anyone have anything that includes diff pov from historians ???
any help would be awesome thx:jedi:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
pipolaaa said:
hey im doin ext hist this yr and im doin constantine the first for my hisotrical investigation.... i ve got info from the library etc but does anyone have anything that includes diff pov from historians ???
any help would be awesome thx:jedi:
Best investigation:) I wanted to do it but couldn't because 'someone in the previous year used the word constantine in theirs'.

Anyway, there is heaps of info on it out there! What are you planning to explore about him? For me my starting point was actually a quote about Constantine by that teabing dude who said that Constantine choosing Christianity as the religion of the empire was 'backing the winning horse'. From there I searched through historians perspectives on Constantines supposed conversion...I can't really remember the details at this stage tho.

Some books worth looking at:

Barnes, T.D. (Timothy David) “From Eusebius to Augustine” 1994, Aldershot Hampshire

Baynes, N.H. (Norman.H.) “Constantine the Great and the Christian Church” 1972, Oxford University Press

Cameron, Averil “The Later Roman Empire” 1993, Fontana Press Original

Edwards,M “Constantine and Christendom” 2003, Liverpool University Press

Elliott, T.G. (Thomas George) “Christianity of Constantine the Great” 1996, University of Scranton Press

Jones, A.H.M. (Anthony Hugh Martin) “Constantine and the Conversion Of Europe” 1965, English University Press

Kee, Alistair “ Constantine versus Christ – A Triumph of Ideology” 1982, SCM Press Limited

Keresztes, Paul “Great Christian Monarch and Apostle”

There was plenty more but I no longer have my log book etc. The best resource for this was macquarie uni library...they had heaps and heaps of relevant books.

pipolaaa

HSC
wow thanks for ur help!!
yeah im going to look at his conversion and my teacher says i need to take a stance and support it with historiograpghy. so i think i will say that the conversion and subsequent religious change was benefical to the roman empire... what do u think?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
pipolaaa said:
wow thanks for ur help!!
yeah im going to look at his conversion and my teacher says i need to take a stance and support it with historiograpghy. so i think i will say that the conversion and subsequent religious change was benefical to the roman empire... what do u think?
I never reached a stage to evaluate the change, sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)