• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone got problem with the Student prepaid card? (1 Viewer)

australiandate

HSC
So I activated the prepaid card function and put some money via Bpay.

I tried to withdraw some cash from the ANZ atm and kept getting declined(no matter where I tried).

I visited the ANZ branch and they just told me that they dont hold any responsibility because virtually the prepaid card isnt part of the ANZ group(wtf??).

I got a number where I could seek for help and when I called them they told me to do things that I have already done(ie. resetting passwords and waiting for 24hr).

They said its not their fault the cash is not withdrawing so I should visit the student office to get a new card.

Is anyone having this problem?this is really pissing me off especially the fact that everyone is saying they got no responsibility.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
For some reason I feel as though this may have something to do with how all the payment systems screwed up a little while back and we had free printing for a few weeks?

Honestly, the prepaid function on your student cards is rather ridiculous. You only have the card for a year and have to keep replacing it, if you're not already with ANZ, you get charged for putting money on it, you can't use it for printing anymore, etc. You'd be better off just getting a debit/credit card with your bank and using that.

But yeah, that sucks.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
For some reason I feel as though this may have something to do with how all the payment systems screwed up a little while back and we had free printing for a few weeks?

Honestly, the prepaid function on your student cards is rather ridiculous. You only have the card for a year and have to keep replacing it, if you're not already with ANZ, you get charged for putting money on it, you can't use it for printing anymore, etc. You'd be better off just getting a debit/credit card with your bank and using that.

But yeah, that sucks.
Nah, you can still use it for printing in parts of the Uni, but like, it's shit. Fuck dat.

When I was going to print shit people were like "put money on your student card" and I was like "kill yourself" because the card has so many problems, like no one has any responsibility for it, and they had a big thing in like week 4 of semester 1 where people's money kept going missing from their account and stuff and an email went out about fraud and people having money stolen from the cards and stuff.

I'd recommend just getting a printer card for printing and a debit card for debitting.

Last edited:

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I experienced the same blasted problem. But I only have approximately $1 left on the card because of printing...

Is there a transfer function when you log-in online? If there is, its best that you transfer all your money into your own Visa Debit Card (that way you can spend online).

I think it's best that no one should ever put more than 10 bucks into the prepaid card - just to be safe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)