Anyone got the same as me? (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
SO far only three text books for me (ACST101 package textbook, STAT170 course notes and Accounting in Australia for ACCG100)

It says that there is one more textbook needed for ACCG100:

Title: Generic Skills In Accounting (updated) : Competencies For Students And Graduates

And also for STAT170

Title: Modern Statistics: A Graphical Introduction

Do we still need these two? they are much cheaper (30-40) but are they still neccesary

well as for ECON110 the guy said it wil come at the end of the month

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Tabris said:
Modern Statistics: A Graphical Introduction
Is this a little purple book? If so, I've got it: am willing to sell it for $15 if it's what i'm thinking it is, if anyone wants to save on some $$. It's occaisonally useful, but they seem to recommend it because one of the authors is the lecturer (hence she gets income from the sales of the book... why not make everyone think they've gotta buy your own book?).

Anyway, it's in A- condition - a few bits of hilighting where I got confused, but generally it's good... PM me if you're interested

(..excuse the stolen thread)

Edit: Sold.

Last edited:

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
oh.....shouldn't eco book update every year???? since d economy varies each day, hour, min, sec, etc...
Oh you're the funniest poster ever Sweet_Lemon.

It's a textbook, not a frickin state of the economy report! The basic principles of ECONOMICS aren't going to change every second.

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
accg 100 have another text book? i got two already. the 100bucks one and the general book (exercise book or something)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
GoodToGo said:
Oh you're the funniest poster ever Sweet_Lemon.

It's a textbook, not a frickin state of the economy report! The basic principles of ECONOMICS aren't going to change every second.
They're new. Be kind.

toisthbe

Evil Member
to those new mq'ers, congrats you're in mq.
im in 2nd year, and i dont reccomment you guys buy NEW BOOKs.

STAT170 book is a piece of shit. DONT BUY. just do past papers and go to lectures. (get the cd copied from ur friend)
ACST101 (both books), are stupid DONT BUY..jus do exercise given in tutorials, and online..and stuff u'll do fine.
ECON110, u dont need a new book, DONT BUY buy a 2nd hand.. u still can get disctinction.

remember first year..is 1ST YEAR, its suppose to be easy..buying new books just waste your precious money.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
toisthbe said:
ECON110, u dont need a new book, DONT BUY buy a 2nd hand.. u still can get disctinction.
I think owning an ECON110 textbook would be helpful.

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
toisthbe said:
to those new mq'ers, congrats you're in mq.
im in 2nd year, and i dont reccomment you guys buy NEW BOOKs.

STAT170 book is a piece of shit. DONT BUY. just do past papers and go to lectures. (get the cd copied from ur friend)
ACST101 (both books), are stupid DONT BUY..jus do exercise given in tutorials, and online..and stuff u'll do fine.

remember first year..is 1ST YEAR, its suppose to be easy..buying new books just waste your precious money.

lol dude...... i dont think u hold enough status to convince me thru this medium quite yet.....

although you seem pretty confident ill give you that, but despite your efforts, im sure not many if any will listen to you....... it's first year man............we dont know enough about uni to know if we need textbooks or not, and if lecturers think we need em, thats good enough for me.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
kunny funt said:
lol dude...... i dont think u hold enough status to convince me thru this medium quite yet.....

although you seem pretty confident ill give you that, but despite your efforts, im sure not many if any will listen to you....... it's first year man............we dont know enough about uni to know if we need textbooks or not, and if lecturers think we need em, thats good enough for me.
SERIOUSLY. You DON'T need the STAT170 textbook. Though I found the STAT170 notes u buy at the co-op useful.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
kunny funt said:

stat170- dont really use text
acst101- use it a little bit more than stat
econ110- definately need a text

having said that, i think its worthwhile investing in a text, even if you need it for one thing the whole semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)