• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

anyone gotta do Authority texts for Yr 11. (1 Viewer)

Pharoah200392

HSC
I'm really havinbg trouble trying to find song techniques to deconstruct songs for my "anthology of related texts", for English Advanced. Can anybody help me?

bored of sc

HSC
Pharoah200392 said:
I'm really havinbg trouble trying to find song techniques to deconstruct songs for my "anthology of related texts", for English Advanced. Can anybody help me?
Techniques in songs are usually the same as poems, but there are also many others. Also in the song, listen to the instrumentation and how the instruments provide unity/replicate the themes/ideas you are looking for. For e.g. if it sounds happy, maybe its trying to represent virtues.

In music, the concepts of music include duration, pitch, tone colour, structure, dynamics/expressive techniques and texture.

Duration - maybe the lengths of sounds symbolise stuff.

Pitch - the highs and lows of pitch might portray emotions.

Tone colour - the types sounds the intruments make (harsh, smooth) and the overall sound quality may represent certain ideas.

The structure is VERY important - choruses mean the central idea of the song, repeated parts are important. etc

The volume of the music could emphasise particualr instruments and therefore certain ideas. The special techniques the instruments do add a level of vibrance or something.

Texture is the layers of sound. The more layers = the more dense = the more thats going on. If all the instruments do the same thing maybe it suggests unity and vice-versa.

Um.... well I hope that helped, it probably didn't.

K

khorne

That sounds more like a musical analysis than one stutible for English.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)