Anyone here a Mac user? (1 Viewer)

1337Skittles

HSC
Hey all,
Just wanted to see who here is a mac user.
If so what sort of mac do you have?
Me? iMac G4 15" LCD 60GB HD with 640MBRAM. Nvidia Gforce.

Cheers

appletoa

HSC
Ha, and I thought my machine was getting a little old

2007 or so macbook (black one, not the white ones that get all dirty) with 2.16ghz processor, 4gb of RAM and 160gb hdd. Only gripe I have with it is the graphics card is no good for games (gma950).
And that 160gb is getting too small. Need to buy myself a 500 gb drive. Or even a 640.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Mac Mini
4GB DDR3 RAM
Geforce 9400M 512MB shared CPU RAM
Irrelevant HD
Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 Ghz each.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Steam and all Valve games (Half-Life, Portal, L4D, Team Fortress series) are now available on Mac, BTW. Or will be in April.

HSC
:waves: just a normal macbook, its the school's have to return it at the end of this year :( gonna miss bits of it.

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC

2007 or so macbook (black one, not the white ones that get all dirty) with 2.16ghz processor, 4gb of RAM and 160gb hdd. Only gripe I have with it is the graphics card is no good for games (gma950).
And that 160gb is getting too small. Need to buy myself a 500 gb drive. Or even a 640.
:(

White Macbook, 2.2 GHz. Though I do echo that sentiment, it's frustrating how easily it becomes dirty.. whenever I do clean it, I'm shocked that it used to be so white.

Steam and all Valve games (Half-Life, Portal, L4D, Team Fortress series) are now available on Mac, BTW. Or will be in April.
Thank Christ.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC

Don't they charge more just for the different colour?

appletoa

HSC
Don't they charge more just for the different colour?
Very true actually. Same spec machine in white cost like $100-150 less than the black one. But I got mine from the refurbished ones, saved like $300, so worked out still costing less than a new white one :) And it still had the warranty and everything too.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Very true actually. Same spec machine in white cost like $100-150 less than the black one. But I got mine from the refurbished ones, saved like $300, so worked out still costing less than a new white one :) And it still had the warranty and everything too.
Good old Apple and their dirty pricing tricks. But yeah I got a refurbished iPod classic a year or so ago and have never had a problem with it, saved a fair bit as well and it obviously still came with the warranty since I bought it at the Apple store online... Probably wouldn't buy another Apple product brand new after this if possible, not that I really intend to any time soon anyway though.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm using a white Macbook from last gen but with the dual core Intel CPU's and running Snow Leopard. My iMac at home is a 20" also running Snow Leopard on the dual core Intel. I really like them and even better yet, MS released a remote desktop app so I can connect to my secure Windows PC without having to get out of bed :)

EDIT: Both Macs are pretty much stock standard specs except I fitted 2gb of ram to the Macbook. 2gb is definitely a must because it makes everything so damn smooth/fast!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
2009 17 inch MacBook Pro (aluminum unibody), 4 gig ram (I'm guessing you know the other specs).
Ooooold iMac (will update post later).

Other than computers, I've got an iPhone 3GS and a 3rd gen nano.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hahaha. Some idiot kid saw my posts in this thread and negative repped me for using Macs. Read it, it's priceless:

"Pathetic Mac user, and yet you say im a fool? hah! Get a decent computer and then call me a fool you Duel idoit." from Silent_Sniper

I don't get it, is he challenging me to pistols at dawn at the end there?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Hahaha. Some idiot kid saw my posts in this thread and negative repped me for using Macs. Read it, it's priceless:

"Pathetic Mac user, and yet you say im a fool? hah! Get a decent computer and then call me a fool you Duel idoit." from Silent_Sniper

That makes no sense...

And Blastus puts him right in his place XD. Macs are very decent computers, performance wise etc. If he can't see that, he's a lost cause.

Edit: Change the rules of your duel to shotguns at five paces.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

That made me LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)