Anyone here own a blackberry storm? (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
If so, tell me what you like and dislike about it.

Im thinking of getting it on a 49 dollar per month contract at vodafone with the unlimited internet and email.

Last edited:

benv

HSC
im not 100% sure which one you're getting, because there are 2 versions. I used to have the first version.
pro- similar screen to the iphone, very sensitive etc, solid neat finish...
con - The 1st version of the phone: the whole screen is one giant button so it is very frustrating to type up sms' quickly, believe me it is very annoying. Unlike the iphone when you put your finger on a letter on the blackberry, the letter is highlighted and when you want to enter that letter into the text you have to push down and that makes sending messages slower and painful.
No wifi connectivity
That being said i heard that in the second version they removed the giant button and it seems to be alot better and also it has wifi so im sure that would be handy, but i recommend that if you havent already, that you go into a shop and ask for a working demo model to try it out and see if u like it before u buy it.

if u dont like it then i'd go for the iphone, if ur not an iphone person, go for the N-97, if thats too expensive, other brands are getting better
good luck mate!

Last edited:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Thanks, I just got the storm the 9500, and I dont mind the big button screen.

Thanks for the help!

Camski

HSC
Hey Shoom,

Hope you're enjoying the 9500, with all the benefits you get with BIS.

I've got a (Vodafone branded, unlocked) Storm2 9520 imported from Vodafone UK which has recently had signs of having a Vodafone AU release in the coming months.

Give us a yell if you need a hand with setting anything up or updating firmware

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)