Anyone here still undecided on what they want to do in University? (1 Viewer)

Memi

HSC
N/A
I hate the dreaded question "What do you want to do in Uni?". I assume most people, by now, would have decided on their future endeavors and what course they will study in University etc, but is there anyone here who is still undecided? I know what subjects I like (Biology and Japanese), but I haven't been find an appealing course.

And those who don't know what you want to do, nor what you want to be in the future, what are you aiming for? I feel directionless. Is there a way for me to discover what I want to do in University?

To those that do: How did you decide?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
if u dont know what to choose

----------------------> arts

;)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I hate the dreaded question "What do you want to do in Uni?". I assume most people, by now, would have decided on their future endeavors and what course they will study in University etc, but is there anyone here who is still undecided? I know what subjects I like (Biology and Japanese), but I haven't been find an appealing course.

And those who don't know what you want to do, nor what you want to be in the future, what are you aiming for? I feel directionless. Is there a way for me to discover what I want to do in University?

To those that do: How did you decide?
I am not 100% sure

I wanna do a Applied Finance and EconomicsDegree currently

But i use to wanna do a economics and Laws but decided not to because i don't want to do law when im older

ciaobella17

HSC
For me, I chose what I loved doing and what my aim was in regards to contributing to the world. I decided that I loved the English and writing sides of things and I also decided that I wanted to help people. Science was also appealing to me as well and I find people's emotions/dreams etc. very intriguing. This lead me to discover the combined degree of Laws/Science (Psychology). It combined everything that I wanted to achieve. In my opinion, just start off with finding out what you love to do and what really intrigues you, then search for university options in regards to those things. Someone wise once said: 'those who love their work, never work a day in their lives'. The most important thing is to feel like you have achieved something and do something that you love to do.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I decided what I wanted to do after my results came out.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh I still have no clue.
lol that's sort of the truth with me as well

i sort of get i want to do comm, but thats it

however, if i didnt have that bitch i did get for year 9 science i couldve changed my mind.. dno

Aindan

HSC
Do you guys have a career advisor at your school? If so, you should find some time to speak to him/her.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
I decided by working backwards, work out what I want to be doing in x years time and what i'm going to have to do to get there.

HSC
Uni Grad
I have no idea what I want to do as of now; juggling between actuarial, maths, economics, international relations, political science..

I guess the best way to go is to try out for a year, then you will really know what you want to do.

LonelyWolf

HSC
I think its more important to decide roughly what careers you want to do, then find out out what uni courses are good for it. You need to apply for Uni courses by the end of August, not to sure if everyone does this. So yeah, i've been writing down roughly what careers are suitable for me, what are my personality traits and life goals to work out a suitable job.

But i mean, all of this could change in another couple of years. When in doubt, do Arts than transfer.

Why are so many Year 11's commenting on here, don't worry about it or pick a specific course, you'll change your mind later.

muzeikchun852

HSC
i ticked off some facilities that im interested in and crossed off the ones i dont. thats about it.

HSC
Uni Grad
that will be your last resort. you dont want to spend a couple of thousands just to try a course.
yeah as if I'd be wasting too much time in university figuring out what course I want to do :L
I reckon change once if you have to, twice at maximum

muzeikchun852

HSC
yeah as if I'd be wasting too much time in university figuring out what course I want to do :L
I reckon change once if you have to, twice at maximum
research + interest + atar = course you desire.

mecramarathon

HSC
get work experience?

or talk with university students / graduates in the field you're interested in?

last resort is to do what your parents tell you to do <_<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)