Anyone here work out at home but is still buff? (1 Viewer)

kfnmpah

HSC
Noobs can do it if they have a bench, barbells, dumbbells, a bar to do pull ups on but after you plateau (n00b gains end) you need to go to a gym.

oisac

HSC
Why would you go to the gym at home :S Just grab a gym membership its value for money. You get access to a wider variety of equipment and it usually sets you back $10+ dollars a week for a membership.

Last edited:

Cianyx

Planarian Leader
HSC
Buy a barbell and some bumper plates. That's all you really need.

kfnmpah

HSC
depends what kind of look you're going for. Too look like zyzz, you need to go to the gym.
To build up strength/little bit of muscle, just work out at home.

edit: also, you gotta consider the gym atmosphere and people you meet. It's totally worth it imo.

you could just do what I did and get a job at a gym. free membership, yo'

Last edited:

jezzmo

Now lactating. Sample me.
HSC
N/A
Noobs can do it if they have a bench, barbells, dumbbells, a bar to do pull ups on but after you plateau (n00b gains end) you need to go to a gym.
Not a big fan of public gyms (seen a few excellent YMCA ones, however). Also (depends on the person), having the equipment at home means not worrying about "going to the gym". On a day that might otherwise run out of time, just head to the garage and pull out a compound set: 10-15 minutes, good enough. Public gyms are usually full of wait times and a shitload of unnecessary equipment.

That said, over the years me and my brother have spent about $3000 on equipment - probably an unconsciously strong reason both of us moved back to sydney/home. Power rack, kettlebells, kickboxing/krav training gear + power tower.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I have plenty of equipment at home, so when I cbb going gym I work out at home :)

kfnmpah

HSC
to each their own.
I love the gym atmosphere. I'm srs addicted to it.
The drive there, smash a sugar free red bull/green tea concentrate, getting pumped up, peaking to some tunes.
Shit, i cannot wait for tomorrow. Back day. I'm srs getting pumped now.

Luv dat feel.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
there are people who do strictly bodyweight exercises and are still huge (weighted pull-ups, dips,muscle-ups etc) so yes it is possible.

personally, if i only had a home gym, life would probably get in the way and gym progress would falter

1981Grant

HSC
Hsc fat.

Never liked gyms like fitness first. Go to my rugby club gym occassionally but mostly do dips/push ups/crunches/etc at home combine that with running it keeps me in shape.

kfnmpah

HSC
Hsc fat.

Never liked gyms like fitness first. Go to my rugby club gym occassionally but mostly do dips/push ups/crunches/etc at home combine that with running it keeps me in shape.
I dislike huge franchised gyms, just because they're too pretty. Full of middle aged men and cardio queens.
I like rough gyms, where you walk in and you're like 'fuck yeah, i'm here to work hard'

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah I've got a whole setup at home (bench, barbell, ez curl, dumbbells etc) and I absolutely love it. I've made the best gains of my life at home.

With that being said, I still hit the gym every now and then because it's good to have someone with you sometimes so you can get an objective opinion about form + motivation + a change.

Last edited:

onur91

HSC
N/A
Had a pretty sweet gym setup in the garage of my old place. Garage too small here, so i've been reduced to only using a barbell and dumbells in the backyard. Muscle mass declined considerably.
Miss being buff and being able to make my pecs/mantits dance.
Need to find a solution soon and shed the relationship/post relationship jiggliness.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I find working out at home so much more convenient. No lines, no shitty music, work out when you want to. If I'm pumped and in the mood to train I can do it straight away rather than go and get my stuff, jump in the car and drive to the gym. Also no problems with every second bloke coming up to say hi and thus distracting me. Makes me want to actually workout because I'm able to be more efficient with my time, but I can understand the temptation to get lazy.

onur91

HSC
N/A
I find working out at home so much more convenient. No lines, no shitty music, work out when you want to. If I'm pumped and in the mood to train I can do it straight away rather than go and get my stuff, jump in the car and drive to the gym. Also no problems with every second bloke coming up to say hi and thus distracting me. Makes me want to actually workout because I'm able to be more efficient with my time, but I can understand the temptation to get lazy.
Yeah exactly. It's all about convenience. Plus, you sometimes get that urge to just lift some heavy shit (I do anyway), no matter what time it may be, you can just step into your garage or wherever you have your equipment, and do it.
But of course there is the issue of laziness.

HSC
NO need to go the gym for most people here. Just get a bag and fill it with books and lift it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)