Anyone in the past use a stimulus booklet text as a related? (1 Viewer)

mrstripedshades

HSC
And how did it fare for you in the end? Just asking in case and think it would be interesting if it didn't negatively effect anyone's marks.

Jakulore

HSC
Well, I guess it would probably depend on the marker, though I would definitely not recommend it unless you couldn't think of anything else.

One of my friends did take one of her related materials from either our Trial or Half-Yearly examination and has been using it since without the teacher minding, but that is a different situation.

I suppose that perhaps if the markers didn't recall or realise that it was the stimulus booklet text it would be fine? If they did they would probably mark more harshly.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, I guess it would probably depend on the marker, though I would definitely not recommend it unless you couldn't think of anything else.

One of my friends did take one of her related materials from either our Trial or Half-Yearly examination and has been using it since without the teacher minding, but that is a different situation.

I suppose that perhaps if the markers didn't recall or realise that it was the stimulus booklet text it would be fine? If they did they would probably mark more harshly.
It would really depend on what the text is. The issue is often the stimulus texts are extracts not complete texts, so I guess there is not a lot that can be taken. The depth of study may indeed be lacking.

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
You could definitely get away with doing the poem or image from the comprehension exam since they would give the whole text at times. If you're worried about being deducted marks that's pretty unlikely just because of text choice. You might lose marks by having bad analysis though, seeing as though you only had a matter of minutes to learn the text.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)