• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone into photography? (3 Viewers)

astroman

HSC
Some of my fav star trails
Mike Berenson.
Lincoln Harrison
Justin Ng.
Justin Ng.

astroman

HSC
Crop frame

Too cheap for that
haha nah theyre getting cheaper, apparently ppl saying that the d800 will drop to $1999 coz of d810 but i think thats bs...but you should spend more on lenses than dslr's imo.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
haha nah theyre getting cheaper, apparently ppl saying that the d800 will drop to $1999 coz of d810 but i think thats bs...but you should spend more on lenses than dslr's imo.
^ still really expensive to the average joe bloggs
imo

The tool doesn't matter, it is the technique and experience...

We have all seen the people who have PRO cameras... that use auto

turntaker

HSC
sony a7 is pretty cheap right now..

turntaker

HSC
You need an f2.8 lens minimum for good astrophotography.
I have the tamron 24-70mm 2.8, its really good quality. The canon version is 2x the price but its not worth all that extra money

turntaker

HSC
I regret starting with Canon now, Nikon has overall better quality while taking stills.
I probably will never switch to Nikon because I have a 600D and 7D plus all the lenses are canon mounts.

astroman

HSC
I regret starting with Canon now, Nikon has overall better quality while taking stills.
I probably will never switch to Nikon because I have a 600D and 7D plus all the lenses are canon mounts.
yea thats a big problem with the two different companies lens mounts, aren't there like lens converter things that let you attach different lenses to other company dslr's?.

turntaker

HSC
yea thats a big problem with the two different companies lens mounts, aren't there like lens converter things that let you attach different lenses to other company dslr's?.
yes but it just makes your already long-ass lenses even longer and is not very convenient.
For example I like using the 50mm prime because its great quality and small/fast (which is good for street photography) but with the adapter it would be nearly as long as a kit lens.

astroman

HSC
yes but it just makes your already long-ass lenses even longer and is not very convenient.
For example I like using the 50mm prime because its great quality and small/fast (which is good for street photography) but with the adapter it would be nearly as long as a kit lens.
aperture of prime?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
50mm is a beast lens

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)