Anyone Jipped? (1 Viewer)

nossy7becks

HSC
Yo guys, just wondering if anyone thought that the marking centre got anything wrong. ie. marks and stuff
or if any subjects didnt scale enough etc.

i know that 3u maths was a big scaler this year..

K

khorne

This isn't scaling. This is alligning. Scaling is done by the UAC.

A-Nonentity

HSC
Business studies, I came first, was getting 90's- 100 in marks and then got 84 combined, 85 internal which got aligned down since i actually got 90 raw and then 83 in exam... Jipped.

SpreadTheWord

HSC
Yeah in Bio - i was expecting at least high 80's, early 90's - ended up with 76 which i know is bullshit. As i went over my paper i took off marks which were the only ones that could be questionable. I ended up with 80%. Apart from that, i know it's bullshit that someone below me beat me, because im in a different Biology league to them so to speak. It makes me wonder to get the mark i did, i must have achieved a raw mark of 62 ish, which i can guarantee i would have not gone that low - before today ,i have never recieved a mark for Bio below 84%, but i cbf complaining, and wasting money on a shit BOS who can't even put together a fair, and decent system in which rightfully awards students based on their ability, not intertwined or influenced by others marks.

Sorry if that statement seemed cocky, or insolent, but im just a bit shocked, especially as my desired profession will be associated with the subject, and it's mark.

imd94

HSC
Oh you're right about 3u aligning well. Got 41. I only completed enough questions to get half that, that's assuming I got them all right. Stoked. Thanks BOS

varun_294

HSC
Physics.. expected 85 RAW. got 81 HSC.
Math scored 91 in exam but internals was 83 (Ranked 3rd) so screwed
Business scored 90 in exam and 88 internal (ranked 2nd)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)