Anyone know of extra curriculars? (1 Viewer)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
I'ma hella rusty though. Use to be much better when I drew against Illingworth. Now I'm on a losing streak against like 1500s.
Damn nice I'm in the 1600's peaked at 1700's and then decided to study for trials and since then could never reach back up. Peak 1700's for both bullet and blitz.

vazzai8

HSC
honestly i think this goes for any application process, but if u start extracurriculars like a year or smth before and say u get an interview and are asked abt it or have to write it in ur application, the admissions people would most likely know u only took it up for the sake of the application.
so i guess a bit counterintuitive? like most of the others said just give things a try and youll find smth that sticks with u
best of luck brah

IAmWinston

HSC
Damn nice I'm in the 1600's peaked at 1700's and then decided to study for trials and since then could never reach back up. Peak 1700's for both bullet and blitz.
I got my rating to 2300 rapid on lichess 2 years ago and now I haven’t played a single game on there in case my rating drops to like 1300

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
I got my rating to 2300 rapid on lichess 2 years ago and now I haven’t played a single game on there in case my rating drops to like 1300
damnnn nice. I got 1800 on rapid but i cbb playing 20min games lol.

IAmWinston

HSC
damnnn nice. I got 1800 on rapid but i cbb playing 20min games lol.
Still pretty good.

Lol you would have loved playing a single classical game for four hours during a specific tournament that I have bad memories of to only lose a completely winning game and go from beating the guy who was undefeated in the last round and going from coming 2nd to coming 5th.

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Still pretty good.

Lol you would have loved playing a single classical game for four hours during a specific tournament that I have bad memories of to only lose a completely winning game and go from beating the guy who was undefeated in the last round and going from coming 2nd to coming 5th.
Sounds extremely tiring. I think I could handle a game but I'd need the week off to sleep.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
@jimmysmith560 Looks like we need to put something in the works post-HSC...
Mind-reader detected! 😏

I would highly encourage everyone to remain active on here until the end of the HSC exam period, which is when you'll get the chance to participate in the Bored of Studies Chess Competition (2nd Edition)! This includes those who participated in the 1st Edition (which was won by IAmWinston) as well as anyone with an interest in chess and those who want to have a good time in general, no matter your age. You'll get to have a good time while simultaneously improving your chess skills by playing exciting matches against opponents like @nilatar (official rank: 3) so it'll definitely be an enjoyable experience to share with the community! :D♟️

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)