Anyone out there doing Directing for their IP???! (1 Viewer)

flisb

Hey, i'm just wondering if anyone else has chosen to do Directing.. if you have how are you going? I'm stressing out majorly because I still dont have a clear enough concept and the whole thing is supposed to be submitted in 3 weeks eeeeeeeeeek! I've chosen to do the play Oedipus Rex.. my teacher isn't very good and cant help me. I just dont know what to do anymore, all the work I still need to catch up on is huge. I pretty much failed the last assessment because I hadn't done enough work... the thing is I HAVE done work but i keep changing my concept and start from the beginning al over again, thats why it's taken me so long.
Anyway.. if anyones doing Directing please just inspire me or tell me how your thing is going.. good luck

fringey

HSC
wow, finally!! Im doin directing 2. It is going ok. Im not finished i sorta need 2 do a few parts and then polish it up. Probably need to shorten it too. I was going to do Oedipus but decided not to in the end.

I know what u mean though, it seems like u r doing so much work but in the end u dont have anything to show.

What you need to do is just completely decide on a vision and just stick to it. Do an intense weekend and it'll b tops!

Scamsy

hey i'm doing video drama aswell. I'm basing mine on a bit of a contravesial topic ; suicide. Yeah having a bit of difficulty i guess, i didn't start until i had 2 weeks left. WHOOPSI.

Yeah the hardest thing i ssticking to the storyboards huh...

This is my first post, so i'm trying to work this out still.

ok bye then

fringey

HSC
video drama? We r talking about director's folio.. but that doesn't matter. I hope uy get it finished etcc... Can't believe they r due sooo soon!

flisb

hey! last time i wrote i was lost.. i still am a bit but i pretty much know a bit more of what i'm doing.. ah i'm such a fool for leaving it this late.. but yeh.. its gonna be a hectic weekend thats all i can say.
umm i'm presenting it in A4.. its just gonna be easier than doing a whole A3 folio and such.. but i'm making it fancy by incorporating my three predominant colours (black white and red) into the paper.. like i'm typing it on a clear sheet, then having a coloured sheet behind it.. ah its hard to explain.. i'm also binding it with rope cos thats a pretty big symbol in my play..

hey just a quick question.. what did u write about in Text analysis? did u break up each scene and discuss the themes and what happens in it? or did u just talk about the main themes in the whole play without looking at each scene? also..did u do a character analysis in the text analysis?

(i hope u get bak to me before the weekend ! ) hehe good luck!
:apig:

fringey

HSC
Text analysis: i did it pretty broadly because I don't really think that the projects word limit allows for a detailed discussion.
I finished mine yesterday, I just have to do the pictures. I feel sooo good, u will too.
Originally posted by flisb
[B
hey just a quick question.. what did u write about in Text analysis? did u break up each scene and discuss the themes and what happens in it? or did u just talk about the main themes in the whole play without looking at each scene? also..did u do a character analysis in the text analysis?

(i hope u get bak to me before the weekend ! ) hehe good luck!
:apig: [/B]

fringey

HSC
The way u r presenting it sounds cool. Goodluck also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)