Anyone pissed off with their assessment after smashin the externals? (1 Viewer)

IamBread

HSC
Yep. Went from 87->85 in physics 86->83 in chem and 77->74 in english. I came 2nd in physics and chem to so it is a bit annoying :/

lobe

HSC
I'm in the opposite, grateful to those that pulled me up in English after I bombed the exam (not bombed, just mildly stuffed up)

Exam mark: 85, Assessment mark 92, overall = 89. If I got 90 then I would have had 10 units over 90, so close.

Apart from English, all of my exams were only 1 or 2 different to my assessment. Shows what a piece of shit English advanced is.

I know one of my friends topped the creative writing section in English Extension trial, and then failed the creative writing in English advanced trials as one marker loved his style (over-marked in my opinion) and the other hated it and marked him so harshly he failed. You can't simply blame that sort of difference on a bad day, that sort of shit doesn't happen in maths.

To everyone that has finished the HSC, congrats. The biggest achievement to come out of that is never having to sit another English Advanced test again.

rayy_bann

HSC
So here's my story: my school is considered one of the lowest ranking schools in nsw and regardless of the teachers saying it's important, many of the students don't realize that trying hard internally is a must, thus many don't get nice ranks. There is however a small group of people that try and like me, where able to get higher ranks. I was able to snatch some number 1s to a considered 'genius girl' who's mentality was that she was just going to ace the hsc. Which in fact she did!!! And ended up raising 3 of my subject to a band 6. in specific for 2 of my subjects I received 89 for exam but 90-91 from her efforts in my assessment! (giving me overall band 6). Just goes to show that being first is so favorable!!! Any yr 11 reading this .....TRY YOUR FREAKING BEST INTERNALLY TO GET HIGHER RANKS!!!!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I honestly thought i had completely screwed up economics external - definitely my worst eco exam ever, my internal rank was good and my trial mark was pretty good but my rank in trials was a few lower than my overall rank. Was expecting my internal to pull me up for sure but my external ended up being 2 higher = S (81,79) Pretty dissapointed about that, everyone from our school was pretty dissapointed with economics but the fact i honestly thought i had bombmed out in that exam really means my internal should have been higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)