Anyone Planning To Do Full Fee Paying ? (1 Viewer)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Hm ,
About FEE-HELP , yesterday when I went through the UAC guide it said that theres an 80,000 limit , or for students studying medicine , dentistry & veterinary science , it`s 100000.

To be honest I was kinda surprised when I read that , cos I was pretty sure I`d read somewhere else that they`d increased it to :

100000 for students doing any course and
120000 for students doing med/dent/vet.

Can anyone confirm this for me ?

Oh & ... there are two DFEE's on my list =) Pharm & Vet @USYD.

Ademir

HSC
I remember reading they've raised it for med students too but I'm not sure.

In any case, DFEE is too expensive. I don't want that debt for the next 15 years of my life. It's made for rich people who can't be bothered to work a little harder :p

starrysky

HSC
samuel slack said:
Nope. Me = too poor.
Same.

I considered doing it at one point, just to have that 78.00 cut-off instead of 83.00, but it's arts and media, and my father's a stingy arshole, so fuck it. He would be like "You may have got in but I'm not paying it all for you."

Last edited:

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Hell no. CSP for the win. I don't really want to start working with a massive student loan hanging over my head, and if I had the cash to do DFEE I would use it to move to melbourne anyway.

Last edited:

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Lol thanks for the replies !

Hmm ok ... I have no idea where I got the 120000 from ? xD

But um , in terms of paying ... can you only use FEE HELP to pay for your entire degree (i.e. say 20k across 4 years) or can you use it to pay year by year (in the case of someone planning to transfer from DFEE to CSP later on).

Thanks =)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
xclusv2bhung said:
Lol thanks for the replies !

Hmm ok ... I have no idea where I got the 120000 from ? xD

But um , in terms of paying ... can you only use FEE HELP to pay for your entire degree (i.e. say 20k across 4 years) or can you use it to pay year by year (in the case of someone planning to transfer from DFEE to CSP later on).

Thanks =)
yeah but you've gotta remember that it's VERY difficult to transfer from DFEE - CSP especially in courses like pharmacy at USYD ( as told by my careers advisor) which would be in super high demand as you've complained about many many many times on msn/phone/in person :)

and yeah personally DFEE = too much money and a big huge loan, the parentals won't be able to afford it and i don't want it hanging over my head

SSejychan

HSC
I've got dfee for a couple of courses actually. vet sci at usyd, psych at unsw, and my very last preference of dfee psych at uncle (i've put csp too)... I put dfee for vet sci and unsw psych mainly because even if i study for every single waking hour, i know i can't possibly get a uai above 93-94, which is what the csp cut-offs are above... and dfee for uncle psych mainly cos... though i know i definitely won't get a uai that low (ok, 99% know), just in case i do, then at least i'll still have a chance to go to uni... i would absolutely die if i didn't get accepted into any of my courses, and couldn't go to uni..... '

And, yeah.... fees for vet sci (33k a year) are frikkin expensive, so i'm definitely applying for Fee-help.

FromDeeEast

HSC
whats fee help? :S

and whats the actually process of transfering for a dfee to a csp course? say for a mid 80's course?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
FromDeeEast said:
whats fee help? :S

and whats the actually process of transfering for a dfee to a csp course? say for a mid 80's course?
lol FEE-HELP allows you to borrow up to 80000 in most courses in order to pay for your course (domestic students).

there should be some info in your UAC guide , but if you havent got it there , Without_Wings has left a link.

and your second question ? i`m wondering that too haha. :p

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ahen said:
yeah but you've gotta remember that it's VERY difficult to transfer from DFEE - CSP especially in courses like pharmacy at USYD ( as told by my careers advisor) which would be in super high demand as you've complained about many many many times on msn/phone/in person :)

and yeah personally DFEE = too much money and a big huge loan, the parentals won't be able to afford it and i don't want it hanging over my head
yeah i know about how difficult it is ... but still , it`s possible right ?

i heard you need a distinction average .. which is a bit .. high .. but yeah , i`ll go and ask some pharmacy people later and see on average how their marks range.

FromDeeEast

HSC
i am guessing, so dont quote me on this. it would be the same as if u were transferring from any other course to it, and what they do is take half ur uai and half ur marks from uni, (i think cred = uai of 85) then add them together, divide by 2 then see if u got the uai for the csp course. i think.

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Transferring between CSP and DFEE: it's handled in much the same way as initial application to uni, so you have to apply for the transfer through UAC.

A distinction average is reasonably achievable. If you're smart enough to get into Pharmacy in the first place, and you have any sort of ability in the subjects, it's not at all impossible.

Edit:
FromDeeEast said:
i am guessing, so dont quote me on this. it would be the same as if u were transfering from any other course to it, and what they do is take half ur uai and half ur marks from uni, (i think cred = uai of 85) then add them together, divide by 2 then see if u got the uai for the csp course. i think.
That's basically it, yeah. Except the cutoff for transfers is not the same as the cutoff for school leavers (and helpfully, isn't made public).

FromDeeEast

HSC
so do u pay the uac fee and hope u might get in??

is it usually lower or higher then the school leavers cut off?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
FromDeeEast said:
so do u pay the uac fee and hope u might get in??

is it usually lower or higher then the school leavers cut off?
Yeah, you have to pay the non-school leaver fee, which is about $47.

I think the transfer cutoff is normally lower than the Y12 cutoff, but don't quote me on that. It's mos def lower for the course I'm applying to transfer into.

kokodamonkey

HSC
i've got 7csp and 2dfee... the 2 dfee being my top choices at syd and unsw respectively.. so if i dont get either of the choices csp that i really want (my top 2) then i will have a dfee version of them (hopefully ) as an offer aswell as whatever the csp offer would be therefore i could choose whether i want to do th csp thing for a year and then try to transfer to what i want to do, or just do dfee then either transfer after a year to its csp equivalent or stay dfee!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
Triangulum said:
A distinction average is reasonably achievable. If you're smart enough to get into Pharmacy in the first place, and you have any sort of ability in the subjects, it's not at all impossible.
Ah , thanks for that =]

It`s just , judging by what others have said , most people aim to "just pass" - so I assumed anything over was really hard.

FromDeeEast said:
i am guessing, so dont quote me on this. it would be the same as if u were transfering from any other course to it, and what they do is take half ur uai and half ur marks from uni, (i think cred = uai of 85) then add them together, divide by 2 then see if u got the uai for the csp course. i think.
Thanks FromDeeEast for your info ... but um , you know how you said "UAI 85 = credit" ... dyou noe what the others are ? Distinction and such ?

FromDeeEast

HSC
i believe the specific example was for uncle, if u do b arts at uncle and get a credit, and u want to move into somehting else, if u get credit its equivalent to a uai of 85.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)