anyone play drums? (1 Viewer)

pandaemon

HSC
N/A
besides me.

learning for 2 years and play in a metal band. right now all im using is this cheap starter kit that i really should upgrade.

what about you guys?

pieman

HSC
yea been playing for 5ish years, tho not that great. i just muck around most of the time trying to play songs that i like, lol i never did like rudiments and crap so i don't have the technical finesse but i can make a beat for just about ne song i want. i play on a pearl export kit with remo heads. zildjian hi-hat and crash and sabian ride, tis sweet. i also play guitar and bass so i sorta make my own music too. lol kinda long winded but yea thats me n music lolz

Mozanidas

HSC
only on Guitar hero world tour. which might i add the drums failed after a days play.

sent them back and waiting on my second kit.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Do you guys know how much how much it'll cost to replace a drum head on the top side and the wires on the bottom side? Nothing spectacular, just something cheap-ish will do I think.

sirfeathers

HSC
i'm pretty flash at drums using the drum settings on the keyboard...my rollcall room was the music room with all the keyboards so yeh i had a lot of practice ;)

also wii music has a pretty flash "virtual" drumset which i can do...

as for real drums...i'm alright. my keyboard drumming would still win though:D

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
sirfeathers said:
i'm pretty flash at drums using the drum settings on the keyboard...my rollcall room was the music room with all the keyboards so yeh i had a lot of practice ;)

also wii music has a pretty flash "virtual" drumset which i can do...

as for real drums...i'm alright. my keyboard drumming would still win though:D

I've got a friend who can play the entire drumkit on the keyboard with his hands, everything in perfect timing, kick, hihat, ride, toms, snare.

Anyway, no one knows how much it'd cost to fix the snare?

mikey.p.

HSC
to fix ur snare, with just the top skin and the chain?
Your probably looking at around somewhere from $30 to $80 for a reasonable quality skin.
Chain by itself without the holding mechanism, say around 20-30 bucks, havn't bought one myself so don't know. With the holding mechanism, say another $15 or so. Alternatively you could trick your dad into forking out $250 and help buy a really awesome piccolo :)

Drumming for 8 years, 2 bands. YIEWWW

mikey.p.

HSC
wow, just realised the rogue hasnt been here since 2007. i feel like an idiot

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I play most forms of percussion. Have done so since I was five.

Also play the Guitar and my main instrument is the Piano/Keyboard.

Dude, if you want to practise drumming, get out of heavy metal for a while and into something like blues/funk/jazz/reggae or anything different. If you stay exclusively in Metal, it will limit your technique and you will metaphorically hit a brick wall.

mikey.p.

HSC
now i have realised i read the wrong date. now i know im an idiot

mikey.p.

HSC
i second ausbluesman. This is however in the case of my lead guitarist of my first band. He constantly plays radiohead, john mayer, etc. THAT'S IT.

argh it drives me insane. Thas why i now have a 2 man metal/rock/punk band in the works :)

Collin

HSC
N/A
I've been playing on and off for about 8 years. I'd like to eventually get an electronic set when funds allow.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
to fix ur snare, with just the top skin and the chain?
Your probably looking at around somewhere from $30 to $80 for a reasonable quality skin.
Chain by itself without the holding mechanism, say around 20-30 bucks, havn't bought one myself so don't know. With the holding mechanism, say another $15 or so.
Thanks for your reply! I didn't know it would cost that much to fix. Might a well get a brand new one?

Alternatively you could trick your dad into forking out $250 and help buy a really awesome piccolo :)
Trick my dad?

mikey.p.

HSC
tis what i did.

"hey dad any chance of borrowing $250?"
"Why?"
"wanna open a new account with a higher interest rate and leave it till end of schooling in its entirety, including stuff after HSC."
"Sounds alright, ill go banking tom"

i think you get the jist lololol

I paid him back eventually so im not entirely evil

mikey.p.

HSC
i have figured out a way of increasing world tour drum sensitivity tenfold! with a paddle pop stick too :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
my life's ambition is to learn how to play drums, to be as good as George Kollias, and to form a band and play my favourite Behemoth, Amon Amarth, and various other band songs.

and to learn how to death metal growl like Mike 'Gunface' McKenzie.

Intronaut

HSC
I'd rather be able to growl like Peter Tagtgren and play drums like Gene Hoglan. They don't call him The Atomic Clock for nothing :p

Intronaut

HSC
Tagtgren has his own village, that has to count for something :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)