Anyone play the fiddle... (1 Viewer)

mizosoup

HSC
...and have some nice, fun piece they can recommend?

I'm looking for a medium length piece (either classical or jazz) that I can work on during the HSC to keep me sane. About 5th or 6th grade level? Even better if I could get a copy of the music

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
A bow for a violin is like microphone for a singer , necessary but not thought to be a good idea by the general public :)

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
melimoo said:
A bow for a violin is like microphone for a singer , necessary but not thought to be a good idea by the general public :)
WTF? That made zero sense...

Btw, there's no comparison there...A violin kind of needs a bow. Microphones aren't necessary for a singer at all.

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
violins don't need a bow you can pluck them (pizzicato) and stuff
and for a singer to be heard by alot of people (ie the general public - large mass) they need a microphone. gah!! does no-one understand.

even if you don't understand, i assure you its funny

you must not understand the resent for violins and the other strings within the music world

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
aww dont feel bad

ur still <3 muchus:)
thanks love
i spose thats all that matters. and we can have a special cue system so that when i say something 'funny' you will laugh and not hurt my feelings k?

that was random sorry, but then again i was going to call you foo foo but i saw no relevance after an internal struggle and stuck with love :eek:

<3 foo foo

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
mizosoup, have a look around on the internet, there's loads of free sheet music sites, you might find a piece that takes your fancy there.

melimoo said:
violins don't need a bow you can pluck them (pizzicato) and stuff
and for a singer to be heard by alot of people (ie the general public - large mass) they need a microphone. gah!! does no-one understand.

even if you don't understand, i assure you its funny

you must not understand the resent for violins and the other strings within the music world
I know violins can be played pizzicato, but they are conventionally played with a bow.
And again, singers don't need microphones to be heard. Any singer worth their voice should be able to project to a crowd indoors, outside, yes, but inside not. I'm a singer, and I've used a microphone maybe 10 times in almost 10 years of singing. :p
And your music world must be different to mine.
My world does not resent the string family.

We resent the recorder. *shudder*

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
mizosoup, have a look around on the internet, there's loads of free sheet music sites, you might find a piece that takes your fancy there.

I know violins can be played pizzicato, but they are conventionally played with a bow.
And again, singers don't need microphones to be heard. Any singer worth their voice should be able to project to a crowd indoors, outside, yes, but inside not. I'm a singer, and I've used a microphone maybe 10 times in almost 10 years of singing. :p
And your music world must be different to mine.
My world does not resent the string family.

We resent the recorder. *shudder*
ok ok ok
its ok. i realised long ago that i'm not very funny, but yet i continue to strive. violins = baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad news for all involved in my muso world. recorder is way up there tho. sorry miso soup. i still love you. someone's gotta play it

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC

mizosoup

HSC
demosthenes said:
how good are you? there was a good one at encore last year....banjo and fiddle it was called....http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/encore/profiles/profiles2004/heo.html
i'm decent... been playing 9 years and i'm bk7 suzuki (yes i know, bahh suzuki say all you AMEB ppl) so yeah. i need a solo pce tho. for teacher's concert

and i think it's cool that there are professional recorder players. makes me think of little yr4 kids in tuxes and crap, playing away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)