Anyone really dislike extension history? (1 Viewer)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
stbrob said:
No, i think that is an insightful way of viewing the way history is viewed, however, dispite what my teacher, who is overall good, tell me i belive that there is an absolute history, and bias oly comes in when we try and recorded it.
my teacher keeps stressing that there's "no history" to make us argue back at her.. lol..i guess its her way of waking us up during class...
Does anyone else feel that they've nearly finished the whole course by the end of term 1??

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
lilkiwifruit said:
my teacher keeps stressing that there's "no history" to make us argue back at her.. lol..i guess its her way of waking us up during class...
Does anyone else feel that they've nearly finished the whole course by the end of term 1??
nowhere near ! we just started on the case study and i don't think we gone through the "what is history" module in depth. don't get me wrong though we have a great teacher.

Last edited:
HSC
ccmariners4life vbmenu_register("postmenu_2298069", true); ,

Thanks for more ridiculous comments. As I started this thread, I do know what the question is.

However, I think that a reply as rude, badly spelled and ignorant as the one we are debating is just unneccesary. It is possible to express your dislike without insulting everyone who does that subject.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
luscious-llama said:
Okay, since everyone is talking about everything, i'll add in my half a cent of random chatter to the plethora of lovely people.

History extension is run during the sport period at my school, because Year 11 and 12 get the sport period off on Wednes, 1pm-3pm to use as a study period.

Most people use it to go to after school music/dance/drama/art classes, but I go with my other 15 comrades to history extension.Though before I rush there I tend to trip over to maccas (one time I actually did trip, anyway thats another story) for some eats [don't lecture me about the shittiness of their food, at least its tasty].

As far as I know my school is the only one in the area who has this. perhaps its because in year 7- 10 we did all the compulsary sport/performing arts modules needed. bahaha.

My case study is NAPOLEAN zee fucking Corsican. And i've been forced to watch a 4 hour doco on him which I fell asleep in. Meh. Though we're still doing the readings. What is bad is that there isnt another history extension class for me, for another month because of the half yearlies and holidays.

I really dislike Napolean.
I'd rather do ANYTHING else, other than himski.

My subjects for those wondering are..
Adv. English
Extension 1 English
Extension 2 English [MW]
Visual Arts[MW]
History Extension [MW]
Studies of Religion 1 ...via correspondence [MW]
Ancient History

I thought I had the most major works. But Asheroth kicks my ass. Shitzen.
I wish people would fuck off from telling me that because I have 10 units I have an easier workload....I use every free period (24 of them) to study my stupid arse off so I can have half a social life on the weekend so I don't completely die of stress and lack of social skills.

Eeh I need a drink.

Anyone who keeps extension history, is going to do well :) okay? I'm going to be all warm, and fuzzy and positive here and give you all a hug :)

Love
Llamie

year 12 dont do sport at my school so we go home at 12:30 :D

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
taki999 said:
icici....we still have to do sport till the beginning of term 3 -___________-" fudge.... and yeah Napoleon too ^^ . So your saying you got more then one ext history class? What's so bad about Napoleon that you dont like apart from him being ugly and Corsican?? What's [MW]??

Nah just the one ext history class that runs during sport time.
15 or so girls [i'm at co-ed too]

Napoleon isn't very appealing to me, i'd have liked to do something less French orientated. I dropped French Beginners for a reason. :)

[MW] = Major Works :(

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
timobr0 said:
year 12 dont do sport at my school so we go home at 12:30 :D
Oh :) Well we can go home at 1pm.
except i do that on alot of days anyway. Godbless freeperiods in the afternoons

Hey Elendil. that CCmariners guy sounds weird - and I know people who used to go to his school :D

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Way too many people dropped hist ext in my class last year. Most just get overwhelmed by the readings and feel that "What is History" has too much scope to be able to synthesise into a 1 hour essay. Contrary to what some people in this thread have said, I don't think it's that easy to achieve a band E4, and I don't think many people actually get it. I've heard stories of entire cohorts shanking it (marks in the 30s) and even statistically less people get E4 in hist ext compared to other ext subjects. From memory, it is about 10%.

Maybe some tutoring could help for those finding the subject a little difficult/a drag. (hint hint)

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
oh, and I really enjoyed the subject. I found it to be very interesting... well maybe not the way the subject itself is structured, but the subject matter. Especially "What is History?". Case-study was a little, hmmm, I don't know... Dry. JFK by the way.

taki999

HSC
bastards!! get to leave school during sport..so lucky!

fleepbasding: How would you tutor people doing ext his? Like just teaching techniques for finding sources and construting essays?

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
fleepbasding said:
Way too many people dropped hist ext in my class last year. Most just get overwhelmed by the readings and feel that "What is History" has too much scope to be able to synthesise into a 1 hour essay. Contrary to what some people in this thread have said, I don't think it's that easy to achieve a band E4, and I don't think many people actually get it. I've heard stories of entire cohorts shanking it (marks in the 30s) and even statistically less people get E4 in hist ext compared to other ext subjects. From memory, it is about 10%.

Maybe some tutoring could help for those finding the subject a little difficult/a drag. (hint hint)
yeah 9.34% of 2375 last year received a band E4, making it the lowest in all ext subjects (excluding languages). This figure has been getting lower each year since 2001 (51.8%). I never said it was easy, just not impossible.

Last edited:

mel345

HSC
ElendilPeredhil said:
Does anyone here really dislike extension history?
I did extension history because I love history, I’m doing ancient and modern as well but I have just found it really crappy and pointless. My teacher is a very vague man who trails off in the middle of sentences and I nearly fall asleep every Tuesday and Friday morning when I go to it.
It’s a shame, because I think, I could like this subject a little bit more with a better teacher but as it is it seems pointless- a good cure for insomnia.
I don’t know what I was expecting from extension history but a lot of this stuff is really rubbish. Anyone agree with me?
hey ext history is arite but depending on whether ur teacher makes it enjoyable..personally its ok.. im enjoying what is histry but really looking forward to studying JFK... and for morning classes .. id much prefer them than staying back every wednesday for almost 2hours in the arvo... but definitley keep it oh anndd all of u people with free periods.. I ENVY YOU!!! i dnt have not one sigghh....

mel345

HSC
timobr0 said:
yeah 9.34% of 2375 last year received a band E4, making it the lowest in all ext subjects (excluding languages). This figure has been getting lower each year since 2001 (51.8%). I never said it was easy, just not impossible.

Timoo .. i have faith in u .. im sure ull be able to bump that 9.34% hahahzz.. reallyy goodluck with it wishing you all the best.. hopefull we'll both make it in that E4 band :)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
mel345 said:
oh anndd all of u people with free periods.. I ENVY YOU!!! i dnt have not one sigghh....
hahaha... I have 8 free periods plus leaving school at around lunchtime on sport day.. but on the downside, I have to go to school early everyday so there is nothing to envy about, in fact.. count yourself as lucky :)

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
mel345 said:
Timoo .. i have faith in u .. im sure ull be able to bump that 9.34% hahahzz.. reallyy goodluck with it wishing you all the best.. hopefull we'll both make it in that E4 band :)
thanks mel, goodluck...im sure you can make it too. :)

i actually have 0 free periods also...if you dont count the time we get off from sport
:(

Kezalicious

HSC
hmm...I think I'm one of the few people in my class who enjoy ext history, mainly because of the teacher but he isn't that bad...and the 3 alarms thing in the morning I would not be able to do. I'd smash 2 of them and then go back to sleep.Luckily I only have 1 morning period for ext and the rest arvo. Also I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views. My Half yearly is this coming Tuesday and I'm completley screwed.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kezalicious said:
hmm...I think I'm one of the few people in my class who enjoy ext history, mainly because of the teacher but he isn't that bad...and the 3 alarms thing in the morning I would not be able to do. I'd smash 2 of them and then go back to sleep.Luckily I only have 1 morning period for ext and the rest arvo. Also I think everyone is entitled to their own opinions and views. My Half yearly is this coming Tuesday and I'm completley screwed.
i am too.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
taki999 said:
bastards!! get to leave school during sport..so lucky!

fleepbasding: How would you tutor people doing ext his? Like just teaching techniques for finding sources and construting essays?
yeah, analysis of sources for the "What is History" question in the exam, choosing sources before the exam and analyzing them, help with the IP of course... if you want more information, you can check my thread, it's linked in my sig.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
oh, and goodluck in the histext half-yearly paper everyone. Don't get too cut if you don't do well in this one, just stick with the subject... if you're enjoying it.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
timobr0 said:
don't let the figures fool you - if you commit yourself to the major work (since this forms such a large part of your eventual mark) and learn your work it's easy to get in band E4. Remember, with both the case study and "What is History?" module, although there seems to be a veritable mountain of information, the questions they can ask you are reasonably limited, so it's quite easy to prepare for your exams.

...we had multiple ext hist classes when I did it, both did appeasement as our case study. I hated it at first, but when I eventually got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad - just takes ages to get your head around! we had one period 0 and period 7 class (our standard day was only 6 periods) on mondays and wednesdays. monday was the terrible one- 8am monday morning *shudder* the afternoon classes are much better for discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)