Anyone received their 2006 PIP back??? (1 Viewer)

maskd

HSC
Haven't got mine, it sucks anyway so I don't really want it back.

Unless we get a marking criteria as well as a mark, I would like to see that.

raci

: )
HSC
Heya. yeah, i got mine back last week... the school copies them anyway. I think it sucks that we never get the mark back, like wtf??

dalew777

HSC
Yes, your teacher should have them and you should be able to ask for them, but its frustrating as they don't have any markings on them at all let alone a mark out of 30.

shimmy&shine

HSC
except for a few hole in mine, which obviously came from my MARK OUT OF 30 stapled on the cover, i got mine back the day before the exam.

i think we have the right to know our individual PIP marks. What if someone does a brilliant IP, but falls short of achieving a decent mark in the HSC for whatever reason.

also, if your teacher wants your copy for future students, you can either say, make your own damn phoocopies or print a copy for the teacher.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yes I think one of the major issue of the PIP is transparency. Every year students suggest that a PIP mark should be given, along with any feedback from the markers if possible. Afterall we did spent 3 whole terms doing our research and writing, which takes up significant portion of our time, on top of what we learn in class. And every year the Board of Studies decides to do nothing about it. I'm sure teachers can play a major part to support our views but I guess there are just not enough teachers to supoort this idea of giving feedback and issue a mark out of 30, most likely because there will be more work for them (the teachers who are going to be markers).

cuppy

HSC
N/A
we got our PIPs back on the day we signed out. many schools do like to keep them but they usually get photocopied and you get the original back.

lol flipping through my PIP brought back so many memories..still don't know how i managed to pull it off!!

Peramiell

HSC
Yeah, we got ours back, whenever we could be bothered to go get it. The teachers asked us to hand in an extra copy to show to future students.. but i think only a few people did that... me not being one of them. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)