Anyone see the crash near Central Stn on Fri nite? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Just wondering if anyone saw it... I've seen that SL55 around- even memorised the numberplate. "12".

Such a waste of a beautiful car.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure the people inside the SL would be fine. Not sure about the others- I only arrived after the cleanup crew had arrived and so on... and saw the smashed SL in the intersection.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know for sure but it looks like the SL55 had driven into another car (or truck) at quite some speed because for an SL55, it looked like the front had totally caved in (maybe that was the design though?) and well.. it looked pretty smashed. Judging by the fact it was still in the middle of the intersection near Central Station... I'd say it was crossing the intersection.

NeoKyo

gstains ghetto! represent
HSC
seremify007 said:
I don't know for sure but it looks like the SL55 had driven into another car (or truck) at quite some speed because for an SL55, it looked like the front had totally caved in (maybe that was the design though?) and well.. it looked pretty smashed. Judging by the fact it was still in the middle of the intersection near Central Station... I'd say it was crossing the intersection.

yeah there are major crumple zones on the front/back of cars to nullify the forces generated by impact (its alot better for the car to absorb it than the occupants =])

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
True that about the crumple zone... but nonetheless the fact that it crumpled, indicates that there was still quite a bit of force. Oh well. Probably immaterial for the owner!

CieL

HSC
Speaking of the SL55..

There was a SL65 AMG in Canley.. I FULL jaw dropped..

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
By any chance was it parked alone, doors unlocked, key in ignition?
If it was, it'd be in my garage.. providing the GPS hasn't betrayed me..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)