• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Anyone still pushing for the GLP? (1 Viewer)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I oficially enrolled yesterday. But have been on track with organising a few things; mentoring, etc..

Anyways, I just want to have ways to gather points most efficiently. More the case of things like competitions/moots/seminars/conferences.

GL X27 (10 points)- Attend a Career Insight Workshop(they count as seminars) and a CDO run workshop (counts as workshop). Details at Workshop Schedule. You just have to remember you need both a workshop and a seminar. All the ones in green are regarded as seminars, I spoke to the lady from CDO and she confirmed this.

Is anyone still interested in this, or am I the only one? :eek:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
im gunna do it once my internship finishes which goes for 6 months... so next semester i'll be signing up!

i wanna go on exchange!! this girl was telling how she went to mexico and it sounds like an awsome opportunity!

yeay to mexico!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Is it hard to get an "internship"? I mean isn't it just like a full/part time job?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
redruM said:
Is it hard to get an "internship"? I mean isn't it just like a full/part time job?
err not really.

I applied online (do a lil questionaire n send ur lil resume n cover letter)

then if u pass that, they ring you and give you a 20 minute phone interview and then if you pass that you get an actual interview, then if you pass that you get it and you do training/seminars n stuff for a few weeks before u do "intern" stuff.

thats the normal process... i went through 3 interviews for mine though :s coz they kept referring me to diff types of internships (couldn't make up their bloody minds). until finally someone put me into into a HR/Recruitment internship... which is what i applied for in the first place.

And no its not like a full/part time job... well it depends on the internship... the other one i got referred to was working at the corporate headquarters doing pure HR stuff (budgeting, development etc)..was 2-3 FULL FRIGGEN DAYS A WEEK!

I think the interviewer realised that it wouldn't suit my timetable (since that internship was spose to be for someone doing a lesser workload and in their last year) they gave me a place in HR/recruitment which is one full day a week.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well if i end up getting that exchange to Japan, I might re-enrol or whatever. I dont know if they ticked me off their lists, I havent attended shit haha :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I'm still in it. I don't think I will complete it but I will attend as much as I can. If you don't complete it they issue a letter saying what you did complete so I still think it is worth it. Then you can bs on about what you learnt. I think it's good for the resume.

I found out that you must complete everything by the time you finish your undergraduate, so for most people that will be 3-4 years.

redrum - thanks for the link to that page. i have been meaning to look into those sessions.

asy - i don't think they would have crossed you off. the last glp booklet said that attendence at the cocktail parties was expected (not compulsory - although on the latest invite they said it's compulsory and that there will be a survey to fill out, so i really don't know). plus you did mentoring which counts. which semester/year do you want to go on exchange?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
first sem next year hopefully, so i gotta get things in order now :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I am a year short, with only perhaps this year to complete (next year too, if I get into Honours). Going on exchange would have been good, but it is a tad costly.

So I am doing a bit of a mad scramble to get as much as possible. And I need help! :D

So if someone can get me on a executive of a society or something.... *nudge* *nudge* ;)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think that exchange is pretty cheap as a way of scouting out future aspirations for me :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
redruM said:
So I am doing a bit of a mad scramble to get as much as possible. And I need help! :D

So if someone can get me on a executive of a society or something.... *nudge* *nudge* ;)
Yeah the only thing I can suggest is to read all of the emails they send because some good things come up, and do all of the easy categories X25-29, also if you can be a mentor and leader (if you have enough years) that is worth some pretty good points. Besides that I am no help because I remember being in the same position as you, until I decided I would be happy only completing part of it.

AsyLum said:
first sem next year hopefully, so i gotta get things in order now :)
cool :)
*strange realisation* ... it scares me to think a year ahead

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I don't think you can claim for things in the year before you enrolled in the GLP (they were allowing that for last year only). I think the rest just have to be claimed before you finish the programme.

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
iambored said:
I don't think you can claim for things in the year before you enrolled in the GLP (they were allowing that for last year only). I think the rest just have to be claimed before you finish the programme.
Cool thanks, i better get around to claiming points soon cos i still havent claimed nething...

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
i got a feeling i cant complete it so far i maintained about 70 points
but havent claimed them yet
><

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i havent signed up yet but i emailed that ainsley lady and she said i can count my exchange if i sign up as soon as i get back, which is great because that's half my points done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)