Anyone studying dentistry at csu?? (1 Viewer)

pauly308

HSC
Hi

I am wanting to apply to CSU to study dentistry but i need to talk to someone first who is already in the course.

i need to find out a bit about the course, the type of material studied, what made them choose dentistry, how they find csu etc etc, ANYTHING AT ALL

I have been in the dark and unfortunately i can't get some proper help from anyone. so if theres someone there who can help, it would be appreciated.

thanks!

raniaaa

:)
HSC
Hey, yeah similar situation :)
Anyone at all studying dentistry at csu??

Daveky

HSC
how do u change the hsc 2000 thing, they didn't have hsc when i went thru high school in QLD.

raniaaa

HSC
go to user CP and click edit your details :)
you didn't do the hsc? i'm so jealous :p

Daveky

HSC
Didn't have qce then either, it was a core skills test to test the whole school and then they'd rank the school.

whatever you got as a rank among your peers was then your op.

so teachers would tell everyone who wasn't interested to not do a core skills test so they wouldn't drag down the average.

Daveky

HSC
just had another look at changing that HSC thing, it's too hard so don't care.

anyway, i'm applying for csu but not too sure what they're looking for.

I heard in another blog on here that they mainly accept rural people so they knwo they will work in rural areas as their funding may be cut if they dont.

but i dont know if this is true or not.

also they said you'll have to be pretty good to get in if not a rural applicant, which sucks.

tried to get into jcu last year and they didn't have many places for non-school leavers, so being non-school leaver and not a rural applicant sucks cause I haven't done the umat yet so cant apply for any other uni's as latrobe is using umat now.

raniaaa

HSC
well i know they only accept 40 people, and i read on another thread they want equal numbers of boys and girls...
you have to sit the stat exam but i'm not what mark you need...hopefully 160 is enough or else i'm screwed =/
and also my sister's mate got into dentistry at orange with a uai of 93/94 -ish not sure what he got exactly, and also not sure what his stat mark was

oh and you need a first aid certificate LOL...
and that's about all i know :)

raniaaa

HSC
wait wait wait
i take that back...you don't need stat, but they said if you've done it they'll look at it

luxslash89

HSC
oh and you need a first aid certificate LOL...
and that's about all i know :)
just to clarify, the first aid isnt a prerequisite.
u can obtain it after uve got ur offer during the first sem or sumthin
theyll giv u instructions...

anyone having stress writing up the application form?
u r not alone~ :wave: i am here for u~ tho ur far..$%^&*.. wtf am i saying...
... but seriously... anyone having trouble writing about the differences between rural an city health care?

Last edited:

Daveky

HSC
Are you studying at csu or applying, cause i'm having trouble with the application thing metro vs rural practice.

i mean im no dentist or anything, and all i know about rural practice is from that tv show A Country Practice. which ended a long time ago and I mostly remember that guy from the bar cookie or something and the fat guy arguing about something stupid.

luxslash89

HSC
Are you studying at csu or applying, cause i'm having trouble with the application thing metro vs rural practice.

i mean im no dentist or anything, and all i know about rural practice is from that tv show A Country Practice. which ended a long time ago and I mostly remember that guy from the bar cookie or something and the fat guy arguing about something stupid.
sadly im an applicant on the same boat as u, so i cant giv u any advice lolz. was jus tryna see how many ppl were havin probs :haha:

Daveky

HSC
yeah why?

never done it so don't know

anyway, does anyone study at csu dent?

Last edited:

wintergate

HSC
N/A
anyone know what they ask/ what they're looking for in a person at the interviews?

Chemistryace

HSC
Um, the QCE is the joke of the Australian schooling system.
I have to agree there, having done the QCS test last month myself I have to say the HSC and VCE systems are much better. The QCS test was a pointless waste of time and the QCE is a bit hollow to say the least.

Aldehyde

HSC
I have to agree there, having done the QCS test last month myself I have to say the HSC and VCE systems are much better. The QCS test was a pointless waste of time and the QCE is a bit hollow to say the least.
The ongoing assessment we have in qld is less stressful than HSC and VCE exams. QCS is a tad strange, but with the system we have, it would be very difficult to rank people otherwise.

What do you mean by the QCE being hollow?

Chemistryace

HSC
The ongoing assessment we have in qld is less stressful than HSC and VCE exams. QCS is a tad strange, but with the system we have, it would be very difficult to rank people otherwise.

What do you mean by the QCE being hollow?
Well, as you say the VCE and HSC exams are more stressful but there is definitely more pride and more of a sense of achievement when you get it compared to the QCE. Again as you say, the OP system needs the QCS to be effective so I guess queensland students have to accept it.

Aldehyde

HSC
Good points. Agreed their would be more pride, however, a 99 in NSW is almost exactly the same as a 99 in QLD. And in many ways, the qld system is much easier to get high results than nsw. How are you going atm btw? On track for an OP1?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)