anyone studying?? (1 Viewer)

shikaree_bex

i live in my mind with occasional visits to the jo
Okay, so here's my story, i used to do 2 unit mathematics, and i was just passing, i wasn't putting much effort in but anyway
so i dropped to general , and i am soooo lazy and i just get all frustrated when i get a question wrong

so anyway, is anyone else practicing maths? if so, what questions are u using
i am using the excel book...

:eek:

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
yeah the excel guide is pretty good, if you get thru that whole book, you'll be sure to get an awesome mark. i've done bits and pieces of it, but make sure you have a go at some past papers also. ;)

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
btw, i used to do 2 unit also, just passing, but its too much work. general's da bomb!!! :D

studied first 3 chapters that about it that is algebra,graphs and the data analysis i also did 2u and dropped coz i wasnt handling the workload from that phys and chem so i dropped and got lazier and we dont get to use excel our skool uses some cheap shit with cartoons in it ffs

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
hmmm....:rolleyes: anyway
i used to do 2unit too... now i don't try..ugh got sO lazy!!

anyway theres a good book....its just called general mathematics - its purple... & its got 6 specimen papers + 01 hsc paper....with soloutions....so yeh thats my 'study'...oh its like $12 CHEAP!! :D

aLaNa

yep, i know the book Elmo....thats my only study too!!! :D Its pretty sweet tho, cuz its got all the worked ansa's 4 each paper, then if I REALLy dont get something i go back to the textbook and do the exercise or whateva....I've only dun like 2 papers so far....... :eek:

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Originally posted by dado006
hey elmo is that the small excel book and like it says hsc general in orange and has summary of every topic and then in the back a specimen paper
hmmm....nah i don't think its that one... its purple...and general maths is written in white... it doesn't have chapter summaries, just specimen papers... i don't know where u buy them...i got mine at school :rolleyes:

GJ_JOE

blood brother
Originally posted by tammer
btw, i used to do 2 unit also, just passing, but its too much work. general's da bomb!!! :D
same here
i came top3 in a couple of tests as well but then i went all downhill lol
and the teacher said a high general mark is better than a low 2unit mark so i quit 2U

sexysarah2003

I used to be in 2 Unit and now whenever l get a question wrong l get so angry because l feel like l should have gotten it right. I am the highest in my class (the entire grade) so l don't think that there is anything to stress about!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by eLmo
hmmm....:rolleyes: anyway
i used to do 2unit too... now i don't try..ugh got sO lazy!!

anyway theres a good book....its just called general mathematics - its purple... & its got 6 specimen papers + 01 hsc paper....with soloutions....so yeh thats my 'study'...oh its like $12 CHEAP!! :D
yeah, our school ordered them for those of us who wanted them, their put out by the Mathematical Association of Australia..they rock!
Originally posted by The Spruce Moose
hey elmo is that the small excel book and like it says hsc general in orange and has summary of every topic and then in the back a specimen paper
nope, the one you are thinking of is the Revise HSC General Maths in a Month

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
haha i dropped from 2u as well :p i think that's the case with heaps of people... and yeah, i did pretty well in my first assessment, but then i missed out on too many lessons [tafe on tuesday arvo], so after my prelims i was like, stuff it, it's better to at least PASS in general than fail miserably in 2u... XD

this girl dropped from 3u... to 2u... to general... and teh only reason she dropped from 3u was because she changed schools and 3u was full at my school... so she did 2u, but she HATED our teacher, so we both dropped down to general [for different reasons :D]

she's topping general so badly. rawrrr i hate her ;D

hmmm my friends say that revise gen maths in a month isn't good?

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
l just bought another textbook from an education book supplier. Now if l have a problem with a certain area and its the weekend l either email my teacher or look it up in the other book to get a better definition.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I'm doing nooo study watsoever for maths, I dropped from 2u as well and now general is just a piece of piss...i only ever studied for like 2 days for the trial and me yearly result is 87%. Its stupid, 2u is too hard but gen too easy

I might buy the Excel book, it sounds pretty good, I'm just doing past papers atm

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Lol, l understand general so well that my next goal is not only to get the top of the grade (which l've already done) but get 100%..doubt it!!

l'm going to study my ass off though this weekend and beat my best friend!!!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Originally posted by yenta
Its stupid, 2u is too hard but gen too easy
lol l know what you mean, when l first started 2U my teacher advised me to get a tutor to help me, l did but nothing happened! I dropped down to general, and my tutor says that l'm so good at it that he's giving me year 12 trail papers to complete in class (l'm in year 11)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Gen.Maths is the only subject I've been able to begin proper study for, which has been occuring through being regularly given past papers to work on. It's going alright, but I need to stop making the odd foolish mistake, so I can try and get over 90%..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)