Anyone thats read Macbeth (1 Viewer)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
I have an essay which i have pretty much finished, but i was wondering what your thoughts on the statement are.

"Macbeth is a villian in which there is little to admire"

basically i just want to see what you guys think, whether anyone has the same ideas or anything. It'd be a great help.

afta???

HSC
Macbeth cannot be classified into a villain. he is only a dickhead overwhelmed by ambition. the three witches' prediction that he would become king could always be achieved in another way but his desire to get to the top in the quickest way overwhelmed his logical thinking.
From the 'If it were done when tis done' speech, you could see that he is indecisive in committing a regicide. this is certainly not a feature of a villain. I personally would classify a villain as one who is cold-blooded and does not care of any one, even his own family. Macbeth at the end of the play was concerned of his wife, asking the doctor of the state of his wife. Amidst military reports of the advancing English army, a villain would certainly not give any attention to such 'insignificant' matters.
His killing of Banquo and Macduff's family was for the keeping of his empire. I believe the slaughtering of enemies to keep your throne was a common practice in the Middle Ages. It was only Macbeth's defeat that these killings were publicised and received criticism.
In all, I believe Macbeth is just a man who is hungry for power and glory but certainly not a villain.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Ditto to what afta??? said. Macdeath's just some sad guy who wants to please his wife, and convince her and himself that he's a real man. Try... CONFUSED. That sounds more like it.

Meanwhile, since when does an obituary take 60 minutes to write? "Write an obituary for Macbeth in one of today's newspapers and for the Dunsenain Daily from Macbeth's time." Time limit: 60 min. An obituary is, like, 2 lines, max. This is an epitaph... no, that's 5 lines... A eulogy! Stupid Engrish teachers...

oranGez

King Jeremy the WiCKED++
HSC
toryn? are you natalie h? coz like . . . hmm . . guess who!

afta???

HSC
toryn said:
Stupid Engrish teachers...
totally in agreement with u....8 weeks down the road after we've finished the topic they tell us to do an imaginative recreation task...

imagine u hav overheard the witches' 2 conversations...what would you do....

look teachers...if i'm in this situation....i won't care and just walk off

n by the way...talkin about villains i would think Malcom to be a bad guy
who would surrender their country into the hands of a foreign nation just for one's throne?? the English invasion would cost Scotlad dear

afta???

HSC
not hate exactly
i luv it to some degree but the thought of my teacher .... urgh

afta???

HSC
omg...did u watch palensky's movie...there's nudity in there n a hmmmmm lame flying dagger (is that how u spell his name??)

r0wlzi

Banned
Yepo, I saw it. And when Macbeths head gets chopped off lol it rols down onto the floor, off the 3rd story of the castle.

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
oranGez, it's cassie, right? yes, i am nat.

afta??? said:
....8 weeks down the road after we've finished the topic they tell us to do an imaginative recreation task...

imagine u hav overheard the witches' 2 conversations...what would you do....

look teachers...if i'm in this situation....i won't care and just walk off
afta???, who are you? I know you're from my school, cos those psychopathic practice tasks are too spot-on to be coincidental. i give in, i can't identify you by subjects alone.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
r0wlzi said:
I think he dies and some people turn to trees and theres these naked ugly witches who end up all dead.

dirty, dirty ugly old naked witches

afta???

HSC
hey muse
wat did u say in ur essay...
did u say he's a villain or not?

afta???

HSC
hahaha this is getting too school intimate
mayb we should start a st georgian thread

mr howden ... u r makin every single one of ur students fall in love with u

btw if they ask u to write an article for a newspaper in macbeth's time...do u think they expect us to write using shakespeare language?

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i love mcbeth

boo hoo you get assignments 8 weeks after, you do your trial hsc with topics you haven't done for like 8 months...:|

afta???

HSC
how could they do that...

after 8 month's time nothing stays in my head

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
afta??? said:
hey muse
wat did u say in ur essay...
did u say he's a villain or not?

i said that he wasnt, that he was consumed and driven by temptation and ambition..whether its right or not is up to the english teacher :uhhuh:

afta???

HSC
_muse_ said:
i said that he wasnt, that he was consumed and driven by temptation and ambition..whether its right or not is up to the english teacher :uhhuh:
there is no right or wrong in interpreting a text......well at least theoretically

it would be good that if a teacher has his/her personal view but don't deem the student's wrong

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
afta??? said:
there is no right or wrong in interpreting a text......well at least theoretically

it would be good that if a teacher has his/her personal view but don't deem the student's wrong
It would be good if one's teacher had read the book more than once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)