Anyone thinking of a remark? (1 Viewer)

something

Originally posted by SmokedSalmon
I am pleased with all my marks except one subject. I still cannot believe my mark was so low. (29/50) - history ext (for HSC exam mark, assesment mark and overall HSC mark) ... should I opt for a remark?
I don't care about the cost. I'm just curious on whether I should stay put or have it remarked. thanks people.
what school are u from?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
As a side note, they don't remark it. They just add up your raw marks again.

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
I want a remark/recheck........or watever but i'm too lazy.......and watever will b will be
Oh wells, such is life :)

Agent Z

HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
i wanna go for a remark for IPT coz i got 79 (i really really wanted 80. i wouldnt have cared if i got even say 75, but i swear the markers just didnt want me to reach my goal)
so yeah, id do it, but im terrified id get lower ;)

EDIT: just read above post, ignore my comments about going lower.

as I said before, there is a very slim chance that they actually have made a clerical error in adding up your marks, but if you think you should of got a lot higher than you actually did, and want to check, there's no harm.

But if you think you should of got 80 rather than 79, i really wouldnt bother. As I doubt any error has actually been made.

incidently, does anyone know how they add up our marks on our test paper? Computer Read and added? Human Added? Human Added and Checked by another Human?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
If they made a mistake, however, your UAI will be recalculated with the new mark.

Wahlito

I got 79 in 2 subjects, matching my assesment mark of 79, so if i got 80 in the exam i would of made it into band 5 instead of 4.

What do you think the chances are of getting re-checked and getting 80. I think its probably highly unlikely, but i dont know.

lp

can someone pls tell me where they heard or find out ( uac website or board of studies, a link would be great) if you get a recheck which your current uai is higher than your rechecked uai that uac cannot give you the lower uai? lol hope u get wat i mean...

Last edited:

Huy

HSC
N/A
Well, if they cannot give you a lower mark in terms of your HSC marks, then naturally your UAI cannot be affected 'negatively'.

That is, if you were to gain a few more marks in each subject, your UAI will be recalculated - it will be higher than your current UAI, if I understand correctly. Reading through this thread, as others have noted, if it is a win-win situation, then you would be gaining marks, (or no change). If you're going to be having a few more marks added onto your exam mark, this would then influence your HSC mark - and in doing so, effects your UAI.

I'm just curious though, braindrainedAsh - how exactly do they recheck EE2? There had been no exams, so would they have to re-mark your Major Project and/or Reflection Statement? That would involve re-reading or re-viewing your work, would it not?

If this is the case, I would be very interested in having my EE2 Major Work (poetry), Major Work Journal (if required) and Reflection Statement re-read, as I believe a 'higher' mark in EE2, in contributing towards my Top 10 units would increase my UAI. That is to say, if EE2 scales as well as it should, it would then replace any units that were halved or included in the calculation of my own UAI (I believe they would have included ME1 over my EE2 mark).

Best of luck to those requesting clerical rechecks, although I would like to hear from those getting EE2 Major Works re-checked (not necessarily remarked). :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
='( *sobz* only got 88 for chem... i really want a recheck, cuz i really fink i would get ova 90 , but lyk, i heard from someone that they dun really check it any way?? they throw the money u send them into their stash n send u a letter sayin how "u r unsuccessful in wuteva" n forget abt it... does anyone haf a suggestion on whether if i should??

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Im curious as to why people would worry about getting a remark for a subject(s)? It would only be worthwile for your actual Higher School Certificate when then HSC Results are displayed.

It would make no difference to a students UAI though. Correct me if I am wrong here.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
If more marks were found, then yes, it would make a difference to UAI.

Im going to have Senior Science and English Extension 1 checked.

And I wouldn't bother for Eng Ext 2....its kinda hard to make a clerical error when there is only one mark in the first place. They don't remark. The markers have done their job.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by FLR-IT
btw is the exam mark wat u actually get, or is this somehow changed ?
Your exam mark isn't what you got - but it has been aligned, or in your words, somehow changed.

This is not your raw exam mark, it has been 'scaled' (if you want to think of it that way, for simplicity).

ND

HSC
If a clerical error is discovered, wouldn't that affect teh UAI's of not only that student, but of the entire class? And couldn't it potentially affect the UAI of someone completely unrelated? i.e. someone get 99.95, but with a remark pushes them above someone with 100, wouldn't the lowest 100 person have to go back to 99.95? (though they wouldn't do this, right?)

Originally posted by Ms 12

And I wouldn't bother for Eng Ext 2....its kinda hard to make a clerical error when there is only one mark in the first place. They don't remark. The markers have done their job.

I remember reading that flyin' knew someone who got their eng ext2 remarked and received a higher mark.

Benno

HSC
hmm do they "remark" your exams or just recheck to make sure that they added up what u got right?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Benno, recheck.
Originally posted by Benno
recheck to make sure that they added up what u got right?
Correct.

A recheck is a method of checking the clerical processing of marks for exam papers, to ensure that all questions attempted have been marked and that the marks awarded have been correctly computed.

:)
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
dont they dispose it after a certain time?
I thought so too, as I remember reading somewhere that HSC exam papers (booklets) are "destroyed" - or maybe this was for Standards Packages. :confused:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
NOTE: IT DOSN'T AFFECT YOUR UAI.
Originally posted by Lazarus
If they made a mistake, however, your UAI will be recalculated with the new mark.
who do i believe? :confused: :p

yeah, i also foned up board of studies, and they told me that the chances of them making an error is like 1 in 60,000- so i just said to my self, "i'll keep my $11 and go to the movies or something" :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)